|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Outland goes to Europe with Father Duchêne, which ship do they sail on?
(a) The Rochambeau.
(b) The Mesopotamia.
(c) The Rotterdam.
(d) The Queen Mary.
2. According to Outland's diary, where is the poker game going on in town?
(a) Joe's Diner.
(b) The Red Dog Inn.
(c) The Ruby Light saloon.
(d) Mamie's Saloon.
3. What does Outland find in the irrigation main in the mesa?
(c) Pieces of pottery.
4. Where does Outland put Blake's money that he won in the poker game?
(a) In the bank.
(b) In his hat.
(c) In his grip.
(d) In his holster.
5. Whom does Outland want to visit Cliff City?
(a) A junkman.
(b) An educator.
(c) A scientist.
(d) An archaeologist.
6. What does Outland think of the people who built his discovery?
(a) They did not have much technology.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) That they had a feeling for design.
(d) They were short.
7. What eastern city was Lillian surprised to find out that Outland had been to?
(c) New York.
8. What does Louie want to do with the furniture in his house before they all leave on their trip?
(a) Donate it to the college.
(b) Give it away to Goodwill.
(c) Give it to the Professor and Lillian.
(d) Give it to Scott and Kathleen.
9. What does Henry think of the bag of tools they find in Cliff City?
(a) He thinks they might be woodworking tools.
(b) He thinks they were surgery tools.
(c) He believes they were building tools.
(d) He knows that they were cooking tools.
10. Why does the Professor NOT prepare for the fall school term?
(a) He is tired and believes he is sick.
(b) He does not need to prepare; he has taught the same course so many times.
(c) He does not feel he will be alive long enough to see it.
(d) He wants to spend the extra time in his garden.
11. What do the men call the discovery they find in Eagle's Nest?
(a) The Seeds of Nature.
(b) Father Time.
(c) Golden Pots.
(d) Mother Eve.
12. What kind of bedroom set does Rosamond want for her country house?
(c) American Arts and Crafts.
13. Who buys all the ancient objects excavated from Cliff City from Blake?
(a) A Canadian woman who was staying with family.
(b) A Mexican man from Taxco.
(c) A German man.
(d) A Russian soldier.
14. Where is the cabin that Outland and Blake live in while working for Sitwell?
(a) 30 yards from the Cruzados River.
(b) At the edge of the mountains.
(c) At the front of the valley.
(d) Just outside of town.
15. How does the Professor get out of vacationing with his daughter and son-in-law?
(a) He says the memories would be too much for him.
(b) He says he will get seasick.
(c) He does not get out of the trip.
(d) He tells them he must work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Henry done before he worked for Sitwell?
2. When Outland arrives in Washington, where does he get off the train?
3. How much time elapses between the fight with Blake and meeting the Professor?
4. Whom does Outland not trust as he watches over Blake the night he meets him?
5. What is the big unanswered question for Outland and his group regarding Cliff City?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)