|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Outland and Blake go to join their cattle for the first time?
(a) By the Colorado River.
(b) Over the plains to Durango.
(c) By the Blue Mesa.
(d) Up the river to the mountains.
2. What is the Professor's biggest regret about not going on the third trip with Outland?
(a) He wanted to visit his foster family.
(b) He wanted to see the Eifel Tower with him.
(c) He wanted to see the Luxembourg Gardens with him.
(d) He wanted to find the young girl he tried to give flowers to.
3. Who buys all the ancient objects excavated from Cliff City from Blake?
(a) A Canadian woman who was staying with family.
(b) A German man.
(c) A Mexican man from Taxco.
(d) A Russian soldier.
4. In his summer alone, whom does the Professor get to know again?
(a) His landlord.
(c) Himself as a young boy.
(d) Tom Outland.
5. Why is the young Frenchman in Washington at the same time as Outland?
(a) To conduct business concerning the International Exposition.
(b) To visit a senator at the Capitol.
(c) To meet the President and attend a dinner at the White House.
(d) To see the sights and speak before Congress.
6. How much does Blake sell his horse for?
7. How does the mule die?
(a) It is bitten by a snake.
(b) It dies in a dust storm.
(c) It falls to the bottom of the canyon.
(d) It trips and breaks its leg.
8. Where does the Professor travel first with Outland?
(a) To Bermuda.
(b) To Canada.
(c) To the Blue Mesa.
(d) To Europe.
9. What does Henry call the objects found in Cliff City?
(a) Chinese pieces.
(b) The last of a generation.
(d) Indian relics.
10. Where does Outland put Blake's money that he won in the poker game?
(a) In his hat.
(b) In his grip.
(c) In his holster.
(d) In the bank.
11. How does Outland describe the people who work in Washington?
(a) Men and women using their brains and not their backs.
(b) Like too many mice in a cage.
(c) Hundreds of little black-coated men pouring out of white buildings.
(d) Free from everyday hard labor.
12. Where does Father Duchêne think Outland should go to tell them about Cliff City?
(a) The Indian Bureau.
(b) The Smithsonian Institution.
(c) The Field Museum.
(d) Chicago Institute of the Arts.
13. Where is Louie traveling with his brother?
(a) To Kansas City to meet with the union.
(b) To Chicago for a meeting.
(c) To Dallas to meet with the meat packers.
(d) To New York for a family reunion.
14. What is the Professor's real first name?
15. When the cows get near the mesa, what do they do?
(a) They want water.
(b) They bolt.
(c) They lay down.
(d) They group together and will not move.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bedroom set does Rosamond want for her country house?
2. Where does Outland hide his diary?
3. What does Outland think of the people he stays with in Washington?
4. Whom does the Indian Commissioner think Outland should see about Cliff City?
5. What do the men find in the Eagle's Nest?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)