|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Family, Chapter 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many evenings a week does the Professor go out with his wife?
(a) Three evenings.
(b) One evening.
(c) Four evenings.
(d) Two evenings.
2. What does Scott write?
(c) Editorials and jingles.
(d) Feature stories.
3. How is the attic study heated?
(a) By a coal furnace in the room.
(b) By central heat.
(c) By a fireplace.
(d) By a wood stove.
4. What two things does Mrs. St. Peter like about her new house?
(d) Electric light and closets.
5. Why does Augusta appear for work at the beginning of the novel?
(a) To help move the Professor.
(b) To cook for the Professor.
(c) To help the Professor with the garden.
(d) To make curtains and hem linens for Mrs. St Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prestigious group is Louie trying to get into at the university?
2. What did the Professor's wife and daughters do each summer?
3. Other than the editorials, what does Scott write daily for the paper?
4. What happens in early November in the novel?
5. What has been the comfort of the Professor's life?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)