|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Family, Chapter 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shares the study with the Professor?
(c) Augusta and her dress forms.
2. How is the attic study heated?
(a) By a coal furnace in the room.
(b) By central heat.
(c) By a wood stove.
(d) By a fireplace.
3. Other than the editorials, what does Scott write daily for the paper?
(a) Local news.
(b) Short stories.
(d) Prose poems.
4. Who was engaged to Tom Outland?
5. What was the only thing that Kathleen could really paint?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her room
(c) Her father.
(d) The lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Professor's wife and daughters do each summer?
2. When Scott and the Professor go swimming, what does Scott confess is bothering him?
3. Who is Mrs. Crane's brother?
4. What has been the comfort of the Professor's life?
5. What puzzles the Professor about Kathleen's talents?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)