Book 1, The Family, Chapter 1
1. What has the Professor just done at the opening of the novel?
(a) Divorced his wife.
(b) Moved to a new house.
(c) Started a new job.
2. What does the Professor's family think about the bathroom of a house?
(a) That it should be on the main floor.
(b) That it should be small.
(c) That it should be out of the house.
(d) That it should be the most attractive room.
3. What has been the comfort of the Professor's life?
(a) His walled-in garden.
(b) His students.
(c) His lab.
(d) His food.
4. What did the Professor's wife and daughters do each summer?
(a) They painted the house.
(b) They played in the garden.
(c) They sewed with Augusta.
(d) They went to Colorado.
5. Who used to sit in the garden in the summer evenings and talk with the Professor?
(a) Tom Outland.
(b) Dr. Crane.
6. Who shares the study with the Professor?
(a) Augusta and her dress forms.
This section contains 4,769 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)