|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first word of Minor's to be pasted onto a page for the printers?
2. In what year was Minor given electroshock therapy at Broadmoor?
3. How many rooms did Minor have during his stay at Broadmoor?
4. For each book, what did Minor write?
(a) A letter to Ms. Merrett.
(b) A word list.
(c) A complete and detailed reference list.
(d) A letter to Murray to announce its coming.
5. Why did many people write from abroad regarding Minor?
(a) To ask for his autograph.
(b) To make sure he was being well looked after.
(c) To complain of his harrassment.
(d) To request his euthanizing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Broadmoor, who was searched and taken to Surrey?
2. What thoughts did Minor have once he received the rules?
3. How did Minor feel about the rules being sent to him by Minor?
4. To whom did Minor write in order to make amends for his crimes?
5. How many defining sentences were in Minor's response to the word with which Murray was having problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did it become clear that Murray had very little idea of what psychological state Minor experienced?
2. Why could Minor more easily understand Murray's directions in comparison to others?
3. It is suggested that Murray's letter to Minor was a token of forgiveness. Why?
4. Why is it important, in relation to Minor's past, that the author states that people admired Minor for his meticulous work?
5. Do you think it is the author's opinion that electroshock therapy affected Minor?
6. In what ways could Murray be seen as a voice of reason and motivation for Minor to stay on task to the Oxford English Dictionary?
7. What was one of the greatest mistakes Murray made upon arriving at Broadmoor and speaking to the superintendent?
8. The author compares Murray to a general on a battlefield. Why?
9. What showed the great essence of teamwork between Murray and Minor?
10. What is relevant about the fact that Minor was a fan of Huxley, particularly his idea of agnosticism?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)