|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Brayn order all of Minor's privileges to be removed?
2. Who was the editor of the Oxford English Dictionary in 1915?
(a) James Henry.
(b) Bradley Henry.
(c) Henry Bradley.
(d) Henry James.
3. Where was Minor blocked after the first few months of his stay at Broadmoor?
(a) Block B.
(b) Block C.
(c) Block number 2.
(d) Block number 3.
4. Why did many people write from abroad regarding Minor?
(a) To request his euthanizing.
(b) To ask for his autograph.
(c) To make sure he was being well looked after.
(d) To complain of his harrassment.
5. What word did Huxley coin?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day of the week in November did Murray decide to travel and meet Minor?
2. How did the author describe Murray's instructions in the beginning of Chapter 7, Entering the Lists?
3. How old was Broadmoor when Minor first arrived?
4. Whose hostility faded for religion over time?
5. In four decades time, 352 pages would become how many pages?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important, in relation to Minor's past, that the author states that people admired Minor for his meticulous work?
2. What showed the great essence of teamwork between Murray and Minor?
3. The author compares Murray to a general on a battlefield. Why?
4. What is controversial about the story of the meeting of Minor and Murray?
5. What was the overarching reason why Murray decided to visit Minor?
6. Do you think it is the author's opinion that electroshock therapy affected Minor?
7. Explain the significance of Minor's submissions evolving from one slip of paper to large paper bags arriving in Murray's office.
8. What does the author give as the chief purpose behind Minor's self-mutilation? Was it achieved?
9. What about Murray does the author feel may have triggered Minor's religious feelings of guilt and shame for his past misdeeds?
10. What was revealed about Minor's character in regards to his response to Murray's letter for help on the Oxford English Dictionary?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)