|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Minor feel about the rules being sent to him by Minor?
2. What was the first word of Minor's to be pasted onto a page for the printers?
3. How many rooms did Minor have during his stay at Broadmoor?
4. What were Murray's original religious views?
(c) Seventh Day Adventist.
5. Which of the following helped Minor become comfortable at Broadmoor?
(a) His sadness.
(b) His upbringing.
(c) His tantrums.
(d) His request.
6. Who was a fan of Huxley?
(a) Ms. Merrett.
7. What quality did many people who worked on the Oxford English Dictionary admire in Minor?
(a) Zest for life.
(b) Love of words.
(d) Sense of patience.
8. According to the author, the subgroups in the Oxford English Dictionary had to be ______ organized.
9. How did Minor regard the Asylum?
(a) As his playground.
(b) As his temple.
(c) As his home.
(d) As his library.
10. After the first installment, how long did Murray believe it would take him to finish the entire book?
(a) Eleven years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Eighteen years.
11. Why did Hall not come to the great dictionary dinner?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He was known to be a hermit.
(c) He was in military service.
(d) He was getting married.
12. What addiction did Eliza have after being in touch with Minor?
(a) Cocaine addiction.
(b) Marijuana addiction.
13. According to the author, in what year did Minor complete his first word list?
14. Whom does the author conjecture may have pushed Minor towards Deism?
15. Where was Minor blocked after the first few months of his stay at Broadmoor?
(a) Block number 3.
(b) Block C.
(c) Block number 2.
(d) Block B.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country were the two men who did not attend the great dictionary dinner?
2. What did the act of sending the rules to Minor symbolize to him?
3. What did Minor have shelves made for at Broadmoor?
4. What wing in Broadmoor was kept for parole patients?
5. How old was Broadmoor when Minor first arrived?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)