|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, after organizing a quote what kind of a definition did Murray have to write?
(a) An elegant one.
(b) A detailed one.
(c) A referenced one.
(d) A succinct one.
2. After the publishing of the first installment, where was all of Murray's work done?
(a) His office.
(b) The Scriptorium.
(c) The Greenhouse.
3. From what country were the two men who did not attend the great dictionary dinner?
(b) Great Britain.
(d) The United States.
4. Who was a fan of Huxley?
(c) Ms. Merrett.
5. How many defining sentences were in Minor's response to the word with which Murray was having problems?
6. What addiction did Eliza have after being in touch with Minor?
(c) Cocaine addiction.
(d) Marijuana addiction.
7. What word did Huxley coin?
8. What did Murray threaten to do at various times due to the Delegates' interferences, slow pace, and his suffering health?
(a) Report Minor to the police.
(b) Stop the process.
(d) Fire everyone.
9. How old was Broadmoor when Minor first arrived?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Five months old.
10. According to the author, for how long had Minor been planning to physically mutilate his sexual organs?
(b) Since childhood.
(d) It was an impulsive act.
11. What was the name of Minor's first book?
(a) "Ceylon Over."
(b) "Complete Man."
(c) "Complete Me."
(d) "Complete Woman."
12. When did Minor send a note to the Broadmoor staff?
(a) December 8th, 1907.
(b) March 21st, 1900.
(c) January 12th, 1908,
(d) December 3rd, 1902.
13. Why did many people write from abroad regarding Minor?
(a) To request his euthanizing.
(b) To complain of his harrassment.
(c) To ask for his autograph.
(d) To make sure he was being well looked after.
14. Which of the following did Minor work at every day as part of his work on the Oxford English Dictionary?
(a) Calling Murray to confirm word validity.
(c) Writing Latin references.
(d) Making calls to those who had submitted words.
15. Whose hostility faded for religion over time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Huxley involved in professionally?
2. The Scriptorium made out of ______________.
3. To which block was William Minor taken upon commitment to Broadmoor?
4. How did Minor feel about the rules being sent to him by Minor?
5. Over time, how did Minor feel about his crimes?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)