|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Then Only the Monuments, Postscript.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Murray sees the superintendent of Broadmoor, he thinks that the man is _________________.
(a) A guard.
(b) His brother.
(d) Minor's son.
2. How old was Broadmoor when Minor first arrived?
(a) Twelve years old.
(b) Five months old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Six years old.
3. Who created the fictitious meeting of Murray and Minor?
(a) The son of Murray.
(b) A journalist.
4. Why did Murray want Minor to be able to travel home?
(a) To be able to die.
(b) To become mentally healthy again.
(c) To write his last book.
(d) To marry Eliza.
5. What did Judith do professionally?
(a) She was a cook for the Ceylon military.
(b) She was a schoolteacher.
(c) She was a missionary.
(d) She was a house wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the most famous editor of the Old English Dictionary?
2. According to Chapter 5, which dictionary far surpassed all that came before it?
3. According to the author, what sort of life did Minor live at Broadmoor?
4. Who wrote A Dictionary of the English Language?
5. What country was the doctor from who diagnosed Minor?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)