|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Then Only the Monuments, Postscript.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did many people write from abroad regarding Minor?
(a) To request his euthanizing.
(b) To complain of his harrassment.
(c) To make sure he was being well looked after.
(d) To ask for his autograph.
2. On the day Murray died, what did Minor do?
(a) He tried to escape the asylum.
(b) He hit one of the staff at the asylum.
(c) He asked Eliza to marry him.
(d) He escaped the asylum.
3. How many defining sentences were in Minor's response to the word with which Murray was having problems?
4. What was the tragedy of the three shots fired named by the papers?
(a) "The Lambeth Tragedy."
(b) "The Tragedy of London."
(c) "The Great Tragedy."
(d) "The Strategery."
5. How long after the Minors settled in Ceylon was William Minor born?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1915, which newspaper did the editor of the Oxford English Dictionary write to and complain about the story of Murray meeting Minor in the asylum?
2. Who was the first to die working on the Oxford English Dictionary project?
3. According to Chapter 5, which dictionary far surpassed all that came before it?
4. In Chapter 2, the author gives a detailed description of what word?
5. What did the killer do immediately upon being arrested by police?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)