|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Then Only the Monuments, Postscript.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Minor's submissions to Murray arrived in ______________.
2. In Chapter 2, the author gives a detailed description of what word?
3. Where did the making of the Oxford English Dictionary begin?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Under the Big Ben Clock.
(c) Under the London Bridge,
(d) The London Library.
4. Who heard the three shots fired in the beginning of the book?
(a) Eliza Ward.
(b) Henry Tarrant.
(c) Henry Burton.
(d) William Ward.
5. What was the nickname of the Oxford English Dictionary?
(a) "The One and Only."
(b) "The Little Dictionary."
(c) "Old English."
(d) "This Big Dictionary."
Short Answer Questions
1. For each book, what did Minor write?
2. Who was a fan of Huxley?
3. How many men authored A Dictionary of the English Language?
4. To whom did Minor write in order to make amends for his crimes?
5. How old was Lucy when she died?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)