|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Meeting of Minds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author describe the words that Minor used in his first book?
(a) Direct and couth.
(b) Lovely and attractive.
(c) Obscure and exotic.
(d) Strange and different.
2. At what age was William sent to the United States?
3. The Scriptorium made out of ______________.
(a) Corrugated iron.
4. On what day of the week in November did Murray decide to travel and meet Minor?
5. Who arrested Merrett's killer?
(a) Constable Tarrant.
(b) Henry Burton.
(c) Officer Burton.
(d) William Ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Dr. Minor arrive in London?
2. The Oxford Dictionary was comprised of _____________volumes.
3. What climate is the island of Ceylon?
4. Minor's submissions to Murray arrived in ______________.
5. How many defining sentences were in Minor's response to the word with which Murray was having problems?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)