|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Meeting of Minds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For each book, what did Minor write?
(a) A complete and detailed reference list.
(b) A letter to Murray to announce its coming.
(c) A letter to Ms. Merrett.
(d) A word list.
2. How long did it take Murray to travel to see Minor?
(a) A bit over an hour.
(b) A bit under an hour.
(c) A little over a day.
(d) A bit under a day.
3. Apart from Minor, who struggled to follow the directions they were given?
4. In four decades time, 352 pages would become how many pages?
5. How did the author describe the words that Minor used in his first book?
(a) Direct and couth.
(b) Lovely and attractive.
(c) Strange and different.
(d) Obscure and exotic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first word of Minor's to be pasted onto a page for the printers?
2. Which of the following helped Minor become comfortable at Broadmoor?
3. How did the author describe the man who chased George Merrett on the night of his death?
4. How many years from Trench's speech about a new dictionary did the project actually get off the ground?
5. Who produced a circular calling for volunteers who could choose a period of history in which they would like to read books?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)