|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Meeting of Minds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Minor's and Murray's families similar?
(a) They were both deeply pious.
(b) They both ignored each man as a child.
(c) They were both poor.
(d) They did not have a father figure.
2. How many more years after the publishing of the first installment would it actually take for Murray to finish the Oxford English Dictionary?
(a) Forty-four years.
(b) Forty-seven years.
(c) Forty-eight years.
(d) Fifty-two years.
3. Who took over Furnivall's place as editor of the Oxford English Dictionary?
4. What was the tragedy of the three shots fired named by the papers?
(a) "The Tragedy of London."
(b) "The Lambeth Tragedy."
(c) "The Strategery."
(d) "The Great Tragedy."
5. What addiction did Eliza have after being in touch with Minor?
(c) Marijuana addiction.
(d) Cocaine addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Minor work at every day as part of his work on the Oxford English Dictionary?
2. To which block was William Minor taken upon commitment to Broadmoor?
3. Where was Minor born?
4. Who was the editor of the Oxford English Dictionary in 1915?
5. What word is defined in the opening of the book?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)