|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Annulated, Art, Brick-Tea, Buckwheat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author describe the words that Minor used in his first book?
(a) Direct and couth.
(b) Lovely and attractive.
(c) Obscure and exotic.
(d) Strange and different.
2. How did the audience react to the fact that hundreds of amateurs would be needed to take on such a project for a new dictionary?
(a) With shock.
(b) With sadness.
(c) With revolt.
(d) With happiness.
3. On what holiday did Dr. Minor arrive in London in the opening of Chapter 4, Gathering Earth's Daughters?
(a) Fourth of July.
(b) Guy Fawkes Day.
4. The Scriptorium made out of ______________.
(a) Corrugated iron.
5. What addiction did Eliza have after being in touch with Minor?
(b) Cocaine addiction.
(c) Marijuana addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Minor's submissions to Murray arrived in ______________.
2. The Oxford Dictionary was comprised of _____________volumes.
3. The word which troubled Murray and was sent to Minor had _______________ "shades of meaning."
4. What was Minor's most well known artistic inclination?
5. What two words did the author use to describe the Minor family's beliefs?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)