|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Annulated, Art, Brick-Tea, Buckwheat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the killer do immediately upon being arrested by police?
(b) Tried to escape.
(c) Fell asleep.
(d) Laughed uncontrollably.
2. From what disease did William's mother die?
(a) Lyme's disease.
(b) Typhoid fever.
3. After the first installment, how long did Murray believe it would take him to finish the entire book?
(a) Six years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) Nine years.
4. What two words does the author use to describe the Lambeth area, particularly in relation to the undrained marsh?
(a) Sadly hopeless.
(b) Positively vile.
(c) Greatly disgusting.
(d) Utterly hopeless.
5. For what purpose was Murray asked to go to Oxford?
(a) To speak to the Oxford Publishing delegates.
(b) To speak with the residents of Oxford.
(c) To speak with the president of Oxford University.
(d) To speak with the dean of Oxford University.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, who is the "second" protagonist of the story?
2. In what year did the making of the Oxford English Dictionary begin?
3. What was the nickname of the Oxford English Dictionary?
4. Whom did Murray impress with his definitions?
5. What did Judith do professionally?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)