|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Annulated, Art, Brick-Tea, Buckwheat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Minor family came to the United States only a decade after what group of people?
(a) Native Americans.
(b) King Louis XII's missionaries.
(c) Spanish Conquistadors.
(d) The Pilgrims.
2. What climate is the island of Ceylon?
3. Who was the most famous editor of the Old English Dictionary?
(a) Dr. Sweet.
(b) James Murray.
(c) Dr. Minor.
(d) Frederick Furnivall.
4. When was the project to create the first Oxford English Dictionary commissioned?
(a) In the 1860's.
(b) In the 1830's.
(c) In the 1840's.
(d) In the 1850's.
5. In what area of New London does the story open?
(a) West Chester.
(c) Lambert Marsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages did "A" have in the first published installment?
2. Minor's submissions to Murray arrived in ______________.
3. How old was Lucy when she died?
4. How did Murray spend most of his childhood?
5. How did people contact the Philological Society in order to submit new words to the new dictionary?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)