|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Gathering Earth's Daughters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disease did William's mother die?
(b) Lyme's disease.
(c) Typhoid fever.
2. How were Minor's and Murray's families similar?
(a) They were both poor.
(b) They did not have a father figure.
(c) They both ignored each man as a child.
(d) They were both deeply pious.
3. Lucy was born to the Minors __________after William's birth.
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
4. Where did Richard Chenevix Trench speak?
(a) In the streets of London.
(b) Outside Cambridge University.
(c) In the London Library.
(d) In Town Hall.
5. Merrett's killer was from ______________.
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) New Haven, Connecticut.
(d) Seattle, Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did it take to complete the Oxford English Dictionary?
2. Murray was born next to the border of _________.
3. Where was Minor born?
4. In what year was the Oxford English Dictionary completed?
5. Where were George Merrett and his wife originally from?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)