|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Gathering Earth's Daughters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Murray was born next to the border of _________.
2. At what age was William sent to the United States?
3. Where was Dr. Minor's house located in London?
(b) St. James Square.
4. Who killed Merrett?
(a) John Washington Wilcox.
(b) James Chester Minor.
(c) William Chester Minor.
(d) Chester James Wilcox.
5. How did the author describe the attitude of the killer caught for Merrett's death upon the killer's capture?
(a) Bored and uninterested.
(b) Embarrassed and sad.
(c) Excited and happy.
(d) Cool and collected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Trench argue about the major dictionaries available at the time?
2. What kind of Christianity did the Murray family follow?
3. What was the name of Eastman Minor's second wife?
4. What did the killer do immediately upon being arrested by police?
5. How many years did it take to complete the Oxford English Dictionary?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)