|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Gathering Earth's Daughters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Minor born?
(a) March, 1831.
(b) May, 1832.
(c) January, 1842.
(d) June, 1834.
2. How were Minor's and Murray's families similar?
(a) They were both poor.
(b) They were both deeply pious.
(c) They both ignored each man as a child.
(d) They did not have a father figure.
3. Who killed Merrett?
(a) John Washington Wilcox.
(b) William Chester Minor.
(c) James Chester Minor.
(d) Chester James Wilcox.
4. Murray was born next to the border of _________.
5. How did Murray spend most of his childhood?
(a) Playing soccer with an elite team.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Singing with a group.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area of Ceylon did the Minors set up their residence in 1834?
2. Who arrested Merrett's killer?
3. Why did the demand for dictionaries increase according to the author in Chapter 4?
4. How many years did it take to complete the Oxford English Dictionary?
5. Where were George Merrett and his wife originally from?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)