|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Madness of War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of Christianity did the Murray family follow?
(a) United Church of Christ.
(d) Seventh Day Adventists.
2. How did Murray spend most of his childhood?
(a) Playing soccer with an elite team.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Singing with a group.
3. How many supplements of the Oxford English Dictionary came out after the original?
4. From what disease did William's mother die?
(a) Lyme's disease.
(b) Typhoid fever.
5. What was the name of Murray's first wife?
(a) Eliza Valant.
(b) Lucy Javier.
(c) Maggie Scott.
(d) Julia Filmoore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is defined in the opening of the book?
2. How have many described the language of the Oxford English Dictionary?
3. The Minor family came to the United States only a decade after what group of people?
4. The Oxford Dictionary was comprised of _____________volumes.
5. When does this story take place?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)