|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Madness of War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, who is the "second" protagonist of the story?
(a) James Augustus Henry Murray.
(b) Dr. Minor.
(c) Dr. Henry Sweet.
(d) Mrs. Elsa.
2. How many children did the Merretts have?
3. Who killed Merrett?
(a) James Chester Minor.
(b) John Washington Wilcox.
(c) William Chester Minor.
(d) Chester James Wilcox.
4. How many years later did the second edition of the Oxford English Dictionary come out after the original?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Thirty-eight years.
(c) Forty-five years.
(d) Thirty years.
5. Merrett's killer was from ______________.
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Seattle, Washington.
(c) New Haven, Connecticut.
(d) Portland, Maine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words did the author use to describe the Minor family's beliefs?
2. How did Murray spend most of his childhood?
3. What climate is the island of Ceylon?
4. Where was Minor born?
5. What was the name of Eastman Minor's second wife?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)