|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Man Who Taught Latin to Cattle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Murray was born next to the border of _________.
2. What were Merrett's killer's two former professional positions?
(a) Qualified surgeon and police officer..
(b) Professor and army officer.
(c) Police officer and professor.
(d) Army officer and qualified surgeon.
3. When was Murray born?
(a) January, 1832.
(b) February, 1837.
(c) December, 1842.
(d) April, 1823.
4. According to the author, who is the "second" protagonist of the story?
(a) Mrs. Elsa.
(b) Dr. Henry Sweet.
(c) James Augustus Henry Murray.
(d) Dr. Minor.
5. How did the author describe the man who chased George Merrett on the night of his death?
(a) He wore a black mask and was carrying a gun.
(b) He wore a black jacket and was carrying a gun,
(c) He wore a black cloak and was carrying a blade.
(d) He wore a black mask and was carrying a blade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were George Merrett and his wife originally from?
2. Who arrested Merrett's killer?
3. What was the tragedy of the three shots fired named by the papers?
4. How old was the man who killed Merrett?
5. Who was the most famous editor of the Old English Dictionary?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)