|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Man Who Taught Latin to Cattle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did the Merretts have?
2. Who arrested Merrett's killer?
(a) Constable Tarrant.
(b) William Ward.
(c) Officer Burton.
(d) Henry Burton.
3. What word is defined in the opening of the book?
4. Merrett's killer was from ______________.
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) New Haven, Connecticut.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) New York, New York.
5. In what city was Murray born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How have many described the language of the Oxford English Dictionary?
2. How did the author describe the man who chased George Merrett on the night of his death?
3. How did Murray spend most of his childhood?
4. What two words does the author use to describe the Lambeth area, particularly in relation to the undrained marsh?
5. Where were George Merrett and his wife originally from?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)