|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Man Who Taught Latin to Cattle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did it take to complete the Oxford English Dictionary?
2. Merrett's killer was from ______________.
(a) New Haven, Connecticut.
(b) Portland, Maine.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Seattle, Washington.
3. What would the definitive quotes show in the Oxford English Dictionary?
(a) How words could be combined.
(b) Where these words were most used.
(c) How words had been used over centuries.
(d) What kinds of words they were.
4. The Oxford Dictionary was comprised of _____________volumes.
5. How old was the man who killed Merrett?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author describe the man who chased George Merrett on the night of his death?
2. At what time where the three shots fired in the opening of the book?
3. How many children did the Merretts have?
4. Who arrested Merrett's killer?
5. In what year was the Oxford English Dictionary completed?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)