|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Gathering Earth's Daughters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrested Merrett's killer?
(a) William Ward.
(b) Henry Burton.
(c) Constable Tarrant.
(d) Officer Burton.
2. What did Merrett's killer claim about the murder?
(a) It was in self defense.
(b) He had been waiting to do that for some time.
(c) It was easy.
(d) He was too drunk to know what was happening.
3. When are the first Latin dictionaries noted to have been in existence?
4. In what city was Murray born?
5. How many children did the Merretts have?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time where the three shots fired in the opening of the book?
2. To whom were Richard Chenevix Trench's speeches directed?
3. What would the definitive quotes show in the Oxford English Dictionary?
4. How many men authored A Dictionary of the English Language?
5. Where was Minor born?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)