|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Gathering Earth's Daughters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday did Dr. Minor arrive in London in the opening of Chapter 4, Gathering Earth's Daughters?
(a) Guy Fawkes Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
2. Where was Minor born?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) Sri Lanka.
3. What was the tragedy of the three shots fired named by the papers?
(a) "The Great Tragedy."
(b) "The Lambeth Tragedy."
(c) "The Tragedy of London."
(d) "The Strategery."
4. How old was the man who killed Merrett?
5. Merrett's killer was from ______________.
(a) New Haven, Connecticut.
(b) Seattle, Washington.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Portland, Maine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Christianity did the Murray family follow?
2. According to the author, who is the "second" protagonist of the story?
3. In what area of Ceylon did the Minors set up their residence in 1834?
4. What kind of work did the Minors do in Ceylon?
5. Lucy was born to the Minors __________after William's birth.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)