|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Meeting of Minds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Eastman Minor's second wife?
2. What addiction did Eliza have after being in touch with Minor?
(a) Cocaine addiction.
(d) Marijuana addiction.
3. How long after the Minors settled in Ceylon was William Minor born?
(a) One year.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two years.
4. In 1915, which newspaper did the editor of the Oxford English Dictionary write to and complain about the story of Murray meeting Minor in the asylum?
(a) The Sun.
(b) The Argus.
(c) The London Times.
(d) The Daily Telegraph.
5. According to the author, what sort of life did Minor live at Broadmoor?
(a) One of luxury.
(b) One of inconsistency, but with good food.
(c) One of strangeness and many shocks.
(d) One of perfect leisure and security.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Murray to travel to see Minor?
2. How were Minor's and Murray's families similar?
3. To which block was William Minor taken upon commitment to Broadmoor?
4. What style of building was Broadmoor?
5. To whom did Minor write in order to make amends for his crimes?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)