|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Meeting of Minds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Minor given electroshock therapy at Broadmoor?
2. Over time, how did Minor feel about his crimes?
3. How were Minor's and Murray's families similar?
(a) They did not have a father figure.
(b) They were both deeply pious.
(c) They both ignored each man as a child.
(d) They were both poor.
4. Who was the editor of the Oxford English Dictionary in 1915?
(a) James Henry.
(b) Bradley Henry.
(c) Henry Bradley.
(d) Henry James.
5. Why did many people write from abroad regarding Minor?
(a) To request his euthanizing.
(b) To make sure he was being well looked after.
(c) To complain of his harrassment.
(d) To ask for his autograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1915, which newspaper did the editor of the Oxford English Dictionary write to and complain about the story of Murray meeting Minor in the asylum?
2. When was Minor born?
3. What was the driving force behind Minor's spiral into "lust, madness, and perdition"?
4. With whom was William to live upon arriving in the United States?
5. What did Judith do professionally?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)