|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which television show symbolized the greatest boom in history during the 1980s?
(a) LA Law
(c) Love Boat
2. The grounding of the Exxon Valdez in Prince William Sound happened in what year?
3. Who undercut Middle Eastern oil?
(a) The United States
(b) The Soviet Union
4. American hostages were taken from the embassy in which city?
5. The global battle of oil production intensified what rivalry?
(a) Britain-United States
6. In what year was OPEC founded?
7. Oil producing countries were assigned quotas with what target in mind per day?
(a) 18 million barrels
(b) 26 million barrels
(c) 12 million barrels
(d) 4 million barrels
8. What years were OPEC's Golden Age?
9. Who delivered the first-ever presidential address on energy in the United States?
(a) Richard Nixon
(b) George Bush
(c) John F. Kennedy
(d) Gerald Ford
10. New York City restricted what in 1965?
(b) Coal burning
(d) Gasoline fueled cars
11. Iraq embargoed oil to which country in response to the events at Camp David?
12. Where was a vast gas field found?
(a) Detroit, US
(b) Bath, England
(c) Lima, Peru
(d) Groningen, Holland
13. OPEC lifted the embargo in what year?
14. Who was put in charge of the Iranian National Oil Company?
(a) Ali Razmara
(b) Mohammed Reza Pahlavi
(c) Mehdi Bazargan
(d) Sir William Fraser
15. Venezuela nationalized oil production in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined forces with Italian oil man Enrico Mattei?
2. The Iran-Iraq war took how many barrels of oil a day off the market?
3. Who was named Saudi Arabia's Director of Oil and Mining Affairs?
4. Which country wanted to attended OPEC's 1986 meeting as an observer?
5. How much was the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline to cost?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)