|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12 | Part 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Royal Dutch company joined forces with what other oil company in 1907?
2. What remained important in finding oil in the 1920s?
(b) Aerial pictures
(d) Geological studies
3. RDSG geologists put which country atop the list of potential oil finds?
4. Who masterminded strikes against the Rothschilds' interests in Russia?
(a) John D. Rockefeller
(b) Joseph Stalin
(c) Immanuel Nobel
(d) Marcus Samuel
5. By 1915, APOC was supplying how much of the British Navy's oil needs?
Short Answer Questions
1. The "horseless carriage" was developed by whom?
2. "Dad" Joiner found oil in a Texas field that came to be known as what?
3. Who instituted a vast building project in the British Navy to transform the fleet to use oil?
4. What denied foreign interests access to drilling rights on public lands if their governments denied similar access to Americans?
5. J. N. Pews in 1876 pioneered the use of natural gas to light which city?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)