|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 12 | Part 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1901, the Shah gave D'Arcy access to how much of the country?
2. What product grew rapidly after its first delivery to England in 1861?
3. "Dad" Joiner found oil in a Texas field that came to be known as what?
(a) The Cash Creator
(b) The Liquid Bank
(c) The Oil Gusher
(d) The Black Giant
4. What did England sign in 1907 to foil German penetration into the Middle East?
(a) England-Persia Agreement
(b) London-Turkey Treaty
(c) Anglo-Russian Convention
(d) English-Saudi Agreement
5. Which Swedish inventor established a considerable industrial company in Russia?
(a) Nicklas Lidstrom
(b) Nils von Dardel
(c) Immanuel Nobel
(d) Auguste Comte
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of delivery for oil did the oil companies settle on to avoid teamster conflicts?
2. A Bolshevik newspaper spoke of oil as what?
3. Oil prices dropped after what event?
4. Who did FDR appoint to head the Department of the Interior, in addition to the newly created positions of Oil Administrator and Public Works Administrator?
5. The "horseless carriage" was developed by whom?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)