|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8 | Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product grew rapidly after its first delivery to England in 1861?
2. By 1879, Standard controlled what percentage of U.S. refining capacity, as well as the pipelines, gathering systems, and transportation?
3. J. N. Pews in 1876 pioneered the use of natural gas to light which city?
(d) New York
4. What company did John D. Rockefeller and Henry Flagler start?
(a) Exxon Mobil, Inc.
(b) Standard Oil Company
(c) Irving Oil Company
(d) Citgo, Inc.
5. Oil prices dropped after what event?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) World War I
(c) The Civil War
Short Answer Questions
1. What was lacking in the mid-19th century in regard to oil?
2. By 1915, APOC was supplying how much of the British Navy's oil needs?
3. The Rothschilds created what company in 1902?
4. What did Britain capture to secure the strategic approaches to oil and ensure the safety of the Amir of Kuwait?
5. The "horseless carriage" was developed by whom?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)