|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 8 | Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bought out Maurice Clark for $72,000?
(a) Daniel Standard
(b) Marvin H. Davis
(c) Woodrow Wilson
(d) John D. Rockefeller
2. What did England sign in 1907 to foil German penetration into the Middle East?
(a) English-Saudi Agreement
(b) London-Turkey Treaty
(c) Anglo-Russian Convention
(d) England-Persia Agreement
3. Oil prices dropped after what event?
(a) The Civil War
(c) World War I
(d) The Vietnam War
4. Who tried to take over Britain's naval superiority in the 1890s, which instead strengthened Britain's resolve?
(b) The United States
5. What did Britain capture to secure the strategic approaches to oil and ensure the safety of the Amir of Kuwait?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Colonel" Edwin Drake applied the salt drilling techniques of what country to oil?
2. Who launched an investigation into Standard Oil?
3. The Rothschilds created what company in 1902?
4. Who favored favored domestic spending over war preparations against Germany in 1911?
5. Britain wanted to keep whose oil out of the hands of the Russians and French in the early 1900s?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)