|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Richard III's personal emblem?
(a) The Green Falcon.
(b) The White Boar.
(c) The Red Lion.
(d) The Black Horse.
2. What similar condition was found in both skeletons?
3. How far below the surface was the chest found?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 2 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 15 feet.
4. Which of the Princes was most often impersonated?
(a) Edward V.
(b) The Earl of Warwick.
(c) Edward of Middleham.
(d) Richard, Duke of York.
5. How did King Richard III die?
(a) He died by execution.
(b) He died in a sickbed, probably from cancer.
(c) He died in a prison in the Tower.
(d) He died on the battlefield, yelling "Treason!"
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weir, could Buckingham have murdered the Princes?
2. Who did Richard III order to kill the Princes?
3. What Act did the Parliament of 1484 pass?
4. Why did the King choose Sheriff Hutton?
5. How long after Henry VII and Elizabeth's official marriage was their first child born?
Short Essay Questions
1. In regard to the case of the death of the Princes and Richard III, what does Weir argue when others claim Richard could not be convicted in a modern court of law?
2. How did many people view the death of Richard III's only son, the Prince of Wales?
3. What was probably the tipping point for Buckingham's treason?
4. What is Alison Weir's ultimate conclusion of who killed the princes in the tower?
5. Why did Sir James Tyrell, after surviving the change of monarchs and even faring well under Henry VII, choose to support the Earl of Lincoln's ambitions?
6. Why did Elizabeth of York finally send Henry Tudor a ring and declare that she would marry him?
7. Why were the pretenders to the throne dangerous for Henry VII?
8. With the death of the Princes, who did many people turn to as the rightful Queen of England?
9. What unexpected clue turned up during Charles II's renovation of the White Tower?
10. Why, claims Weir, was Tyrell's confession of the murder of the Princes significant?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)