|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found behind a wall in a passageway of the King's Lodging n 1647?
(a) Richard III's date book.
(b) The Princes, alive.
(c) Katherine of Aragon's wardrobe.
(d) The skeletons of two small boys.
2. How long did the savage Battle of Bosworth last?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 10 hours.
3. Who was Margaret Beaufort?
(a) The mother of Edward V and Richard, Duke of York.
(b) The daughter of John of Gaunt and wife of the late Henry Tudor.
(c) The sister of Elizabeth Wydville.
(d) The cousin of Edward IV.
4. After the battle, where was the crown found?
(a) In a thicket.
(b) Among wildflowers.
(c) Under a hawthorne bush.
(d) Beneath an oak tree.
5. Weir dismisses the argument that Warback was part of what family?
(a) The Yorkists.
(b) The Lancasters.
(c) The Tudors.
(d) The Plantagenets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was discovered about Richard III's character after the usurpation?
2. How long after Henry VII and Elizabeth's official marriage was their first child born?
3. On what date did the Battle of Bosworth take place?
4. How did the English southerners view the English northerners?
5. What hated system did Richard III abolish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Richard so unpopular in the South of England?
2. With the death of the Princes, who did many people turn to as the rightful Queen of England?
3. What was probably the tipping point for Buckingham's treason?
4. What happened when Richard III sent orders to Brackenbury to kill the Princes?
5. Why was Buckingham so suddenly alienated from Richard III?
6. Why was Richard of York often impersonated, but Edward V never impersonated?
7. Why were the pretenders to the throne dangerous for Henry VII?
8. What factors kept Richard III from marrying his niece?
9. What is Alison Weir's ultimate conclusion of who killed the princes in the tower?
10. What unexpected clue turned up during Charles II's renovation of the White Tower?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)