|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weir's theory about Richard's alleged physical deformity?
(a) She thinks it was a complete lie.
(b) She thinks it was exaggerated.
(c) She thinks it was his leg, not his shoulder.
(d) She thinks it was absolutely true.
2. Where in the Tower of London were the Princes probably kept?
(a) Raleigh's Walk.
(b) The White Tower.
(c) The Garden Tower.
(d) The Bloody Tower.
3. Who was the first sovereign of the House of York?
(a) Henry V.
(b) Edward IV.
(c) Edward VI.
(d) Henry VI.
4. Who did Clarence, King Edward IV's brother, marry?
(a) Josephine, Louis XI's daughter.
(b) Maria, the Spanish Infanta.
(c) Elizabeth Wydville.
(d) Isabella, the Earl of Warwick's daughter.
5. How many of the great English aristocratic families became extinct because of the War of the Roses?
6. After Richard's coup, what family's power in court ended?
(a) The Yorkists.
(b) The Plantagenets.
(c) The Tudors.
(d) The Wydvilles.
7. During Edward IV's reign, what was England's state?
(c) Incredibly wealthy.
(d) Wracked with conflict.
8. With what country had England declared war just before the death of Edward IV?
9. In what part of England did Richard of Gloucester live and govern?
(a) The west.
(b) The east.
(c) The north.
(d) The south.
10. What was the document that formally presented Gloucester's claim to the throne?
(a) The King's Claim.
(b) The Act of Attainder.
(c) Titulus Regius.
(d) Renia Suprema.
11. Who was Richard of Gloucester's son?
(a) Henry Tudor.
(b) Edward V.
(c) Richard of York.
(d) Edward of Middleham.
12. What other member of his family did Gloucester have to slander to overcome the Princes?
(a) Elizabeth, his sister.
(b) Anne Neville, his wife.
(c) The Duchess of York, his mother.
(d) Clarence, his brother.
13. Who were the children of Edward IV and Elizabeth Wydville?
(a) Henry and George.
(b) Edward and Clarence.
(c) Clarence and Richard.
(d) Edward and Richard.
14. What court faction was Clarence staunchly opposed to?
(a) The Welsh.
(b) The Yorkists.
(c) The Wydvilles.
(d) The French.
15. Who wrote The History of King Richard III?
(a) Bernard Andre.
(b) Sir Thomas More.
(d) Dominic Mancini.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were all of Gloucester's actions illegal?
2. What process usually reserved for magnates of the realm was overlooked before Hastings' execution?
3. Who did Gloucester basically force out of sanctuary?
4. For what crime was Clarence ultimately executed?
5. Why did the Wydvilles want to crown Edward V immediately?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)