|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first sovereign of the House of York?
(a) Henry V.
(b) Edward VI.
(c) Henry VI.
(d) Edward IV.
2. Why was Hastings executed so swiftly after Gloucester's accusation?
(a) It was the law that the accused be executed quickly.
(b) He angered his attendants and they could not wait to put him to death.
(c) He knew too much about Gloucester's plot to usurp the throne.
(d) The Queen insisted his execution be expedited.
3. Who were the children of Edward IV and Elizabeth Wydville?
(a) Edward and Clarence.
(b) Edward and Richard.
(c) Henry and George.
(d) Clarence and Richard.
4. When Gloucester and Buckingham arrived at Northampton, where was the King?
(a) Fifteen miles north in Bath.
(b) Thirty miles south in London.
(c) Ten miles west in Shropshire.
(d) Fourteen miles south in Stony Stratford.
5. When do Croyland and Mancini believe Richard began planning to take the crown?
(a) Right after Clarence's death.
(b) Right after Edward IV's death.
(c) During Elizabeth Wydville's sanctuary.
(d) During the coronation ceremony of Edward V.
6. What other major health problem did Edward IV have after his return?
(a) He broke an arm.
(b) He had a stroke.
(c) He had a kidney stone.
(d) He had a hemorrhage.
7. How many legitimate children did Richard have?
8. Where did the Queen flee for sanctuary?
(c) St. Paul's Cathedral.
9. After Richard's coup, what family's power in court ended?
(a) The Wydvilles.
(b) The Tudors.
(c) The Yorkists.
(d) The Plantagenets.
10. How did King Edward IV stun the world with his marriage?
(a) He secretly married Queen Margaret.
(b) He betrothed himself to the Spanish Infanta.
(c) He married the daughter of Louis XI.
(d) He secretly married an English commoner, Elizabeth Wydville.
11. Where was King Edward V to reside before his coronation?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
12. Who did Gloucester basically force out of sanctuary?
(a) Henry Tudor.
(b) Richard, Duke of York.
(c) Edward V.
(d) Elizabeth Wydville.
13. What title did Edward IV give Richard just before his death?
(a) The Lord Protector of the Realm.
(b) The High Admiral.
(c) Interim King Richard III.
(d) Duke of Warwick.
14. What process usually reserved for magnates of the realm was overlooked before Hastings' execution?
(a) He had the right to say goodbye to his loved ones.
(b) He had the right to create a new will.
(c) He had the right to defend himself in a public trial.
(d) He had the right to be tried by his peers in Parliament.
15. Where in the Tower of London were the Princes probably kept?
(a) The White Tower.
(b) The Garden Tower.
(c) Raleigh's Walk.
(d) The Bloody Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did contemporary magnates feel about the Wydvilles?
2. What is the difference between Gloucester's Protectorship and Duke Humphrey's?
3. After the death of Hastings, what happened to King Edward V?
4. What did Gloucester tell the councillors about Hastings's execution?
5. How many of the great English aristocratic families became extinct because of the War of the Roses?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)