|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8, An Innocent Lamb in the Hands of Wolves, The Lord Protector.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weir's theory about Richard's alleged physical deformity?
(a) She thinks it was absolutely true.
(b) She thinks it was exaggerated.
(c) She thinks it was his leg, not his shoulder.
(d) She thinks it was a complete lie.
2. Who did Richard marry?
(a) Anne of Neville.
(b) Juana of Portugal.
(c) Elizabeth of York.
(d) Mary of Wales.
3. Between what two houses was the War of the Roses?
(a) York and Tudor.
(b) Windsor and Tudor.
(c) York and Lancaster.
(d) Plantagent and Lancaster.
4. How did King Edward IV stun the world with his marriage?
(a) He married the daughter of Louis XI.
(b) He secretly married Queen Margaret.
(c) He betrothed himself to the Spanish Infanta.
(d) He secretly married an English commoner, Elizabeth Wydville.
5. Who probably wrote the Croyland Chronicle?
(a) Sir Thomas More, chronicler of Henry VII.
(b) Polydore Vergil, author of English History.
(c) John Russell, Bishop of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. At age forty, how is Edward IV described physically by his contemporaries?
2. Why did Lord Howard support Gloucester?
3. At the time of the War of the Roses, how much of the English population lived in towns and cities?
4. Who was Richard of Gloucester's son?
5. For what crime was Clarence ultimately executed?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)