|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16, Rebellion, An Especial Good Lord.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did contemporary magnates feel about the Wydvilles?
(a) No one knew the Wydvilles at court.
(b) They supported the faction, which was very popular.
(c) They had no feeling one way or another.
(d) They disliked the faction, thinking them common.
2. What process usually reserved for magnates of the realm was overlooked before Hastings' execution?
(a) He had the right to say goodbye to his loved ones.
(b) He had the right to be tried by his peers in Parliament.
(c) He had the right to defend himself in a public trial.
(d) He had the right to create a new will.
3. What basically defeated the rebellion?
(a) Faulty equipment.
(c) Richard III.
(d) Henry Tudor.
4. Before she allowed her daughters to leave sanctuary, what did Elizabeth Wydville ask Richard III to do?
(a) She asked him to return her lands and title.
(b) She asked him to make Henry Tudor his heir.
(c) She asked him to marry her and make her Queen again.
(d) She asked him to swear a public oath to keep them safe.
5. Why was Hastings executed so swiftly after Gloucester's accusation?
(a) He angered his attendants and they could not wait to put him to death.
(b) The Queen insisted his execution be expedited.
(c) He knew too much about Gloucester's plot to usurp the throne.
(d) It was the law that the accused be executed quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gloucester tell the councillors about Hastings's execution?
2. Initially, who was Gloucester's chief supporter?
3. What rumored conspiracy did Gloucester exaggerate to further his own ambitions?
4. What was Richard III's personal emblem?
5. Who was Elizabeth Shore?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)