Chapters 1-2, Richard III and the Chroniclers, The Sanctuary Child
1. What, according to the author, are the most important pieces in the puzzle of the Princes?
(a) Contemporary sources.
(b) Forensic evidence.
(c) Character analysis of Richard III.
(d) Edward IV's eyewitness account.
2. Who wrote The History of King Richard III?
(a) Bernard Andre.
(b) Dominic Mancini.
(c) Sir Thomas More.
3. Between what two houses was the War of the Roses?
(a) Windsor and Tudor.
(b) York and Tudor.
(c) York and Lancaster.
(d) Plantagent and Lancaster.
4. In 1453, King Henry VI suffered what kind of mental illness?
(a) Paranoid delusions.
(c) Catatonic schizophrenia.
5. Who was the first sovereign of the House of York?
(a) Edward VI.
(b) Edward IV.
(c) Henry VI.
(d) Henry V.
6. How many of the great English aristocratic families became extinct because of the War of the Roses?
7. At the time of the War of the Roses, how much of the English population lived in towns and cities?
(a) One tenth.
(b) One quarter.
(c) One twentieth.
(d) One half.
This section contains 5,038 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)