|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Macgregor studying in her final year of school?
(a) Home Economics
(c) Nursing courses
2. What language do five of the set study?
3. Where does Joyce Emily go when she leaves school?
(a) To England, to enroll in a vocational school
(b) To her boyfriend’s town in Italy, to be married
(d) To Spain
4. What motivates Joyce Emily to leave school?
(a) She takes Miss Brodie’s political views to heart
(b) She becomes pregnant
(c) She is failing her classes
(d) Her mother is ill
5. What paintings are there who are not of girls in the set?
(a) Ones of Miss Lockwood
(b) Ones of Miss Brodie and Mr. Lowther together
(c) Ones of the headmistress
(d) Ones of Lloyd’s wife and children
6. What does Mr. Lloyd do to Sandy after they kiss?
(a) Begins to paint a picture of Sandy
(b) Asks Sandy to have Rose come by that afternoon
(c) Insults Sandy
(d) Compliments Sandy
7. Which girl of the set did poorly on her exams and spent a lot of time home studying?
(a) Sandy Stranger
(b) Jenny Gray
(c) Rose Stanley
(d) Mary Macgregor
8. What year was Miss Brodie forced to retire?
9. What did Eunice Gardiner practice with her boyfriend?
(b) Swimming and diving
(c) Horseback riding
10. When does Mr. Lowther begin to get housekeeping service?
(a) Spring of 1933
(b) Fall of 1933
(c) Winter of 1932
(d) Summer of 1932
11. How does Mr. Lowther look on Miss Brodie now that he is married?
(a) With admiration
(b) With indifference
(c) With understanding of how she manipulated him
(d) With disgust
12. What religion is the Lloyd family?
13. What time of the year does the set always visit Sandy Stranger?
14. To what does Miss Brodie’s set advance in 1932?
(a) To the senior level
(c) To the public school
(d) To the junior high
15. What does Sandy tell Monica it is impossible to do if loyalty is due to that person?
(a) Betray them
(b) Love them
(c) Undermine them
(d) Condemn them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandy tell the headmistress about Miss Brodie?
2. What is Rose doing for Mr. Lloyd?
3. What discourages Mr. Lloyd from giving up teaching and preparing an exhibition?
4. What does Sandy finally realize about Miss Brodie’s talk of Rose and Mr. Lloyd?
5. What does Miss Brodie tell the girls Mr. Lowther is considering?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)