|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in Angier's family dies in Section 11, Part 4?
2. What about the object Angier purchases from Koenig upsets Julia?
3. Where does the partial Angier find Borden, when he is looking to kill Borden?
4. What does Olivia say the word(s) mean which are written on the object she gives Angier in their final meeting?
5. Angier decides to never put Julia in danger again after her miscarriage, so what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under which two conditions does Julia agree to come back to Angier and be his wife again?
2. How does Angier react to Borden's illusion, the New Transported Man, the first time he witnesses it?
3. What actions does Angier take in Section 4, Part 4 to secure his family's fortune and lifestyle?
4. Why does Angier travel to Colorado Springs?
5. What are Angier's two life goals by Section 10, Part 4?
6. How does Olivia Svenson enter Angier's life?
7. After his prestige dies, what does Angier decide to do?
8. There are two Angiers by Section 14, Part 4. Describe the Angier narrating.
9. After a ten year gap in his journaling, what does Angier return writing to describe in full detail?
10. How does performing In A Flash affect Angier when he first starts performing it using Tesla's machine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Borden and Angier's priorities. Did either men's priorities change throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Bordon's story of the Chinese magician Ching Ling Foo can be considered a metaphor for both Borden and Angier.
Essay Topic 3
Guilt is a repeating theme in The Prestige. Describe the different ways guilt affects the characters and drives the plot.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)