|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angier meet Olivia?
2. Who records the death at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
3. What is different about the illusion In A Flash using Tesla's machine after a year?
4. How many Angiers is the reader aware exist in Section 14, Part 4?
5. When Olivia meets with Angier for the last time, what object does she give him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angier think of Harry Cutter's explanation for Borden's New Transported Man illusion?
2. How does Angier react to Borden's illusion, the New Transported Man, the first time he witnesses it?
3. What does Angier hire Tesla to do?
4. How does Olivia Svenson enter Angier's life?
5. Under which two conditions does Julia agree to come back to Angier and be his wife again?
6. When the partial Angier returns to Julia and the prestige, what does he learn?
7. What does Arthur Koenig bring to sell to Angier, and what does Angier think of it?
8. What actions does Angier take in Section 4, Part 4 to secure his family's fortune and lifestyle?
9. What personal and professional types of retaliation does Borden demonstrate against Angier in Section 9, Part 4?
10. After Borden interferes with Angier's illusion by cutting the power, what does Angier note about his health?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The literary technique of 'conflict' is seen all throughout The Prestige. Describe three different types of conflict in The Prestige and how they affect the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Borden's most famous illusion, the New Transported Man, to Angier's most famous illusion, In A Flash. How did each illusion evolve through the book? How was each performed?
Essay Topic 3
Trust is a major theme running throughout The Prestige, affecting each of the characters differently. Select three of the following characters and describe how the theme of trust applies to them. Who did they trust? Who trusted them? Whose trust did they break? Who broke their trust?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)