|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Julia miscarries, where does she spend most of her time?
2. What does Angier discover from personal research about Borden prior to Angier's American tour?
3. Whose name does Olivia use when applying to work for Bordon?
4. When Angier contacts Tesla about his performance on electricity, what does Angier think of Tesla's response?
5. What do Angier and Telsa realize after two 'failures' that the machine is actually doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event brings Angier home in Section 11, Part 4, and leads to him missing and contacting Julia?
2. When the partial Angier returns to Julia and the prestige, what does he learn?
3. How does the audience react to Angier's first performance of In A Flash using Tesla's machine, and why was this now what he expected?
4. How does performing In A Flash affect Angier when he first starts performing it using Tesla's machine?
5. What actions does Angier take in Section 4, Part 4 to secure his family's fortune and lifestyle?
6. What does Angier hire Tesla to do?
7. How does Olivia Svenson enter Angier's life?
8. Why does Angier decide to kill Borden, and what ultimately happens?
9. Under which two conditions does Julia agree to come back to Angier and be his wife again?
10. How does Angier manage to perform Borden's New Transporting Man illusion without knowing how Borden does it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When and how was Borden introduced to magic? What information about this time in his childhood does he chose to reveal in his journal entries, and what does this reveal to readers about Bordon?
Essay Topic 2
Guilt is a repeating theme in The Prestige. Describe the different ways guilt affects the characters and drives the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Where is betrayal seen in The Prestige? What characters are involved in betrayal, and what overall affect does it have on the plot?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)