|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written in or on the item Olivia gives Angier in their final meeting?
(b) "I know your secret."
(c) "I'm pregnant."
(d) "I love you."
2. Why did the audience not react as Angier expected them to the first time her performed In A Flash using Tesla's machine?
(a) The audience was caught off guard and just sat there stunned and silent.
(b) The audience did not believe it was magic.
(c) The audience was unimpressed and felt he copied Borden.
(d) It happened too fast for the audience to register the feat.
3. What about the object Angier purchases from Koenig upsets Julia?
(a) The look in Borden's eyes.
(b) The price.
(c) Borden's tone.
(d) The color.
4. In the year that Angier resisted retaliating against Borden, what was the final incident Borden conducted that cause Angier to finally retaliate again?
(a) Borden attended Angier's performance and loudly heckled him from the audience.
(b) Borden stole Olivia away from Angier and hired her has his own assistant.
(c) Borden started a whisper campaign against Angier.
(d) Borden lowered an advertisement in the middle of Angier's Performance.
5. What does Arthur Koenig reveal to Angier in Section 12, Part 4?
(a) Borden is deathly ill and wishes to reconcile with Angier.
(b) He has confirmed that Borden hired a stunt double.
(c) He has confirmed that Borden has a twin brother.
(d) Borden has revealed his plans to ruin Angier to Koenig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his tour to America, where is Angier invited to perform for two weeks?
2. How does Cutter feel about Olivia?
3. Where does Angier travel to meet Nikola Tesla?
4. What does Angier do when Tesla increases the price charge for creating the apparatus Angier wants?
5. When Olivia meets with Angier for the last time, what object does she give him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angier realize about Tesla's relationship with Borden in Section 11, Part 4?
2. What does Angier plan to do for his final revenge on Borden?
3. Under which two conditions does Julia agree to come back to Angier and be his wife again?
4. There are two Angiers by Section 14, Part 4. Describe the Angier narrating.
5. When the partial Angier returns to Julia and the prestige, what does he learn?
6. After his prestige dies, what does Angier decide to do?
7. After Angier finally admits to Telsa what he wants to use the machine for, what does Tesla succeed in making the machine do?
8. What does Angier note as the outcome of Borden pushing Julia down during one of their seances?
9. Why does Angier decide to kill Borden, and what ultimately happens?
10. What event brings Angier home in Section 11, Part 4, and leads to him missing and contacting Julia?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)