|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the partial Angier invisible?
(a) In bright lights.
(b) In the direct sunlight.
(c) In the dark.
(d) In dim lighting.
2. What does Arthur Koenig reveal to Angier in Section 12, Part 4?
(a) Borden is deathly ill and wishes to reconcile with Angier.
(b) He has confirmed that Borden has a twin brother.
(c) Borden has revealed his plans to ruin Angier to Koenig.
(d) He has confirmed that Borden hired a stunt double.
3. What does Arthur Koenig have in Section 14, Part 4, that he wants to sell to Angier?
(a) An old newspaper that reveals Borden's secret.
(b) Borden's journal.
(c) A photograph that reveals Borden's secret.
(d) The secret to a new illusion.
4. What about the object Angier purchases from Koenig upsets Julia?
(a) The price.
(b) The color.
(c) The look in Borden's eyes.
(d) Borden's tone.
5. In the year that Angier resisted retaliating against Borden, what was the final incident Borden conducted that cause Angier to finally retaliate again?
(a) Borden stole Olivia away from Angier and hired her has his own assistant.
(b) Borden lowered an advertisement in the middle of Angier's Performance.
(c) Borden started a whisper campaign against Angier.
(d) Borden attended Angier's performance and loudly heckled him from the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Olivia suggests she could apply to be Bordon's ___________ and discover his secret.
2. What is the first condition Julia sets in order for her to return to Angier?
3. Gerald Root attempts to _____________ Angier.
4. What is one reason that the partial Angier decides to kill Borden?
5. By Section 10, Part 4 Angier has two life goals. What is his goal for his personal life?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Borden interferes with Angier's illusion by cutting the power, what does Angier note about his health?
2. When the partial Angier returns to Julia and the prestige, what does he learn?
3. After Angier finally admits to Telsa what he wants to use the machine for, what does Tesla succeed in making the machine do?
4. What personal and professional types of retaliation does Borden demonstrate against Angier in Section 9, Part 4?
5. How does Angier manage to perform Borden's New Transporting Man illusion without knowing how Borden does it?
6. Why does Angier decide to kill Borden, and what ultimately happens?
7. What does Angier do with his extra time when he is performing near the town Hastings, prior to his American tour?
8. How does Olivia end up leaving Angier?
9. How does Angier react to Borden's illusion, the New Transported Man, the first time he witnesses it?
10. What event brings Angier home in Section 11, Part 4, and leads to him missing and contacting Julia?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)