|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cutter feel about Olivia?
(a) He dislikes her and quits working for Angier.
(b) He does not completely trust her, but he continues to work with her.
(c) He adors her and develops more magic tricks to include her.
(d) He feels she is a nucance, but puts up with her for Angier's sake.
2. After Angier cancels the rest of his bookings because he is ill, what does he do with the apparatus?
(a) Drops it into a swamp.
(b) Chops it up with an ax.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Uses it to duplicate gold coins.
3. How does Angier initially contact Julia when he returns to take over his father's estate?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A letter.
(c) He shows up at her door.
(d) A phone call.
4. What does Julia inform the partial Angier of in Section 14, Part 4?
(a) She has cancer.
(b) Olive's death.
(c) She has remarried.
(d) Borden's death.
5. After ten years of no entries, what does Angier describe in detail?
(a) The performance Borden interrupted.
(b) A new trick called The Great Disappearance.
(c) His affair with his assistant.
(d) The birth of his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the power was shut of in the middle of Angier's performance, how much weight did he lose in the following weeks?
2. Where does Angier meet Olivia?
3. Who is Olivia Svenson?
4. After her miscarriage, Julia is __________.
5. When Olivia meets with Angier for the last time, what object does she give him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Angier realize about Tesla's relationship with Borden in Section 11, Part 4?
2. What does Arthur Koenig bring to sell to Angier, and what does Angier think of it?
3. After Angier finally admits to Telsa what he wants to use the machine for, what does Tesla succeed in making the machine do?
4. Under which two conditions does Julia agree to come back to Angier and be his wife again?
5. What actions does Angier take in Section 4, Part 4 to secure his family's fortune and lifestyle?
6. Why does Angier decide to kill Borden, and what ultimately happens?
7. How does performing In A Flash affect Angier when he first starts performing it using Tesla's machine?
8. After his prestige dies, what does Angier decide to do?
9. How does the audience react to Angier's first performance of In A Flash using Tesla's machine, and why was this now what he expected?
10. How does Olivia Svenson enter Angier's life?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)