|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one reason that the partial Angier decides to kill Borden?
(a) So Borden can never out-perform him again.
(b) Angier blaims Borden for his current state of duplicity.
(c) To protect Julia from Borden.
(d) He believes Borden will kill him otherwise.
2. Who is Olivia Svenson?
(a) Borden's new assistant.
(b) Angier's sister-in-law.
(c) Angier's new lover and assistant.
(d) Angier's sister.
3. Where does Angier travel to meet Nikola Tesla?
(b) New York.
(c) Colorado Springs.
4. By Section 10, Part 4 Angier has two life goals. What is his goal for his professional life?
(a) Outperform Bordon's illusion.
(b) Ruin Bordon's life.
(c) Become Bordon's partner in Magic.
(d) Make more money than Bordon.
5. After the power was shut of in the middle of Angier's performance, how much weight did he lose in the following weeks?
(a) 50 lbs.
(b) 20 lbs.
(c) 60 lbs.
(d) 30 lbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angier meet Olivia?
2. What is the second condition Julia sets in order for her to return to Angier?
3. Who is Arthur Koenig?
4. What does Koenig inform Angier about Borden in Section 14, Part 4?
5. What does Angier realize about himself and the prestige at the end of Section 14, Part 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event brings Angier home in Section 11, Part 4, and leads to him missing and contacting Julia?
2. How does Olivia end up leaving Angier?
3. After his prestige dies, what does Angier decide to do?
4. There are two Angiers by Section 14, Part 4. Describe the Angier narrating.
5. What does Angier do with his extra time when he is performing near the town Hastings, prior to his American tour?
6. What does Angier note as the outcome of Borden pushing Julia down during one of their seances?
7. What information does Arthur Koenig reveal to Angier in Section 12, Part 4?
8. After Borden interferes with Angier's illusion by cutting the power, what does Angier note about his health?
9. After Angier finally admits to Telsa what he wants to use the machine for, what does Tesla succeed in making the machine do?
10. What does Angier think of Harry Cutter's explanation for Borden's New Transported Man illusion?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)