|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Angier's most famous trick, what did a volunteer mark him with?
(a) A gold coin.
(c) A marker.
(d) A red sash.
2. How does Borden feel about Angier's death?
3. What did Kate see in the room she secretly followed her father into?
(a) A large contraption that sparked.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A small oval object covered in a sheet.
(d) A large square object covered in a sheet.
4. What material does Alfred say is perfect for a magician's prop, due to its often overlooked quiet strength?
5. When Borden attended Angier's show in Part 4, Section 2, what body part did he notice Angier favoring?
(a) His right arm.
(b) His left leg.
(c) His right leg.
(d) His left arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fed Kate's fears of something in her house when she was little?
2. What was Nikolas Tesla's scientific concentration?
3. What is Julia Fensell's profession when she and Angier first meet?
4. What does Alfred state his memoir is meant to be an autobiography of?
5. At what age did Borden begin performing alone on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Andrew finds out it was not the church who contacted his newspaper about a story. Who actually contacted Andrew's newspaper, and why?
2. What happens when Borden sneaks backstage during Angier's show in America?
3. What does Kate believe about the young boy who her father killed?
4. What does Angier reveal about his childhood in his journal entries in Section 6, Part 3?
5. Did either Borden or Angier ever try to reconcile their feud? If so, what happened?
6. How does Angier meet Julia Fensell, and how does their relationship progress?
7. What is Andrew's profession and where has it taken him as the novel opens?
8. What does Lady Katherine say to Andrew that utterly stuns him? Why is he so surprised?
9. How does the narration change in Section 2, and what does it focus on?
10. Who is Thomas Elborne?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)