|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Andrew does when he first arrives at the village in Part 1?
(a) Stops for a cup of tea.
(b) Goes directly to the church.
(c) Finds a motel room.
(d) Stops for lunch.
2. What allegedly happened to Nicholas?
(a) He changed his name.
(b) He died.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He was kidnapped.
3. After Angier would disappear for a moment in his most famous trick, where would he reappear?
(a) On the other side of the stage.
(b) In the ceiling rafters.
(c) In the back of the auditorium.
(d) In the middle of the audience.
4. How does Angier describe his first appearance on stage?
5. What are Angier and Julie doing when Borden first crosses their path?
(a) Having lunch at a cafe.
(b) Leading a fake spiritual seance.
(c) Performing magic together in a bar.
(d) Performing magic together on stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the narrator in Section 2?
2. What does the narrator of Section 6, Part 3 focus on?
3. How does Borden feel about the object he finds beneath the stage at Angier's show in Section 5, Part 2?
4. Who is the second woman Angier says he is in love with?
5. Which room did Kate secretly follow her father into, knowing she wasn't allowed there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Angier's most famous trick.
2. Did either Borden or Angier ever try to reconcile their feud? If so, what happened?
3. How does the narration change in Section 2, and what does it focus on?
4. After Angier dies, what does Borden write that he remembers about Angier's appearance the night of his performance in America?
5. What object did the narrator of Section 6, Part 3 see that was new and frightening, and what happened in that object?
6. How does Borden and Angier's feud begin?
7. How does Angier meet Julia Fensell, and how does their relationship progress?
8. What does Alfred write about his secret in Section 2?
9. How does Borden and Olive's relationship change in Section 4, Part 2?
10. What does Kate believe about the young boy who her father killed?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)