|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who entertained Nicholas for hours?
(a) Kate and her father.
(b) Kate and her mother.
(c) Just Kate.
(d) Kate and her sister.
2. When Borden is backstage at Angier's show in Section 5, Part 2, what does he find beneath the stage?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A loaded gun.
(c) A large class case filled with an unknown substance.
(d) A very large converter.
3. What is the priest Andrew is seeking to interview known for?
(b) An outstanding singing voice.
(c) Performing Miracles.
4. Who is the package from that Andrew receives at the beginning of the book?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His mother.
5. Alfred writes that the more people are fooled, ___________________.
(a) The more they will smile.
(b) The more entertained they are.
(c) The more outraged they may become.
(d) The more they want to find out.
Short Answer Questions
1. The climax of the Chinese magician's show was producing a(n) _______________ from nowhere.
2. What was Angier doing when Borden first saw him performing?
3. After Angier would disappear for a moment in his most famous trick, where would he reappear?
4. How does Borden feel about Angier's death?
5. What was Angier's most famous magic trick called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate believe about the young boy who her father killed?
2. What is the story Borden tells in Section 4, Part 2 about how Olive Wescombe was hired, and how is it different than the story given earlier?
3. How does Borden and Olive's relationship change in Section 4, Part 2?
4. What object did the narrator of Section 6, Part 3 see that was new and frightening, and what happened in that object?
5. Did either Borden or Angier ever try to reconcile their feud? If so, what happened?
6. Who narrates Section 6, Part 3, and what does that individual focus on?
7. What does Lady Katherine say to Andrew that utterly stuns him? Why is he so surprised?
8. Who is John Henry Anderson, and what was his relationship with Alfred?
9. Describe Angier's most famous trick.
10. Who is Thomas Elborne?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)