|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Angier doing when Borden first saw him performing?
(a) Performing In a Flash.
(b) Card tricks.
(c) Performing the New Transported Man.
(d) Leading a seance.
2. How does Borden think Angier accomplishes his illusion that is similar to Borden's?
(a) Borden thinks Angier has a secret tunnel dug under the auditorium.
(b) Borden believes Angier uses a double.
(c) Borden cannot figure it out.
(d) Borden believes Angier has the same secret Borden does.
3. At what age did Borden leave home?
4. How does Borden get backstage as one of Angier's shows in Section 5, Part 2?
(a) He pays one of the stagehands to let him in a backdoor.
(b) He pretends to be a stagehand and walks backstate without a problem.
(c) He causes a large scene with a stagehand and is let backstage to quiet the scene.
(d) He attends as an audience member and sneaks backstage.
5. What does Borden do at Angier's show to wreak havoc?
(a) Heckles Angier from the audience.
(b) Steals Angier's props.
(c) Writes on Angier's queue cards.
(d) Turns the power off.
6. What does the person who contacted Andrew's paper about the church say Andrew's name was when he was a little boy?
7. What was the only trick of Borden's that Angier did not attack?
(a) The New Transported Man.
(b) The Disappearing Magician.
(c) The Headless Magician.
(d) In a Flash.
8. How many steps to a magic trick does Borden identify?
9. How does Julia Fensell and Angier's relationship change?
(a) They break up and begin hating each other.
(b) They get married.
(c) They find out they are related.
(d) They stop dating, but start working together.
10. What is 'the set up' of a magic trick, according to Borden's journal?
(a) Where props are set up prior to the performance.
(b) Where the magician explains the trick to the audience.
(c) Where the magician asks for a volunteer from the audience.
(d) Where the audience suggests something to the magician.
11. What are Angier and Julie doing when Borden first crosses their path?
(a) Performing magic together in a bar.
(b) Leading a fake spiritual seance.
(c) Having lunch at a cafe.
(d) Performing magic together on stage.
12. What allegedly happened to Nicholas?
(a) He changed his name.
(b) He was kidnapped.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He died.
13. How can the journal entries in Section 6, Part 3 be described?
(a) Short and unemotional.
(b) Long and emotional.
(c) Short and emotional.
(d) Long and unemotional.
14. What did Borden plan to do if he did not figure out Angier's illusion by the deadline he gave himself?
(a) He would set aside the feud and ask Angier directly.
(b) He would send Olive back to spy on Angier.
(c) He would blackmail Angier into giving him the answer.
(d) He would have Angier kidnapped and torturned until he revealed his secret.
15. What was Angier's most famous magic trick called?
(a) The disappearing Man.
(b) The Headless Man.
(c) In a Flash.
(d) In a Jiffy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What child did Kate meet when she was younger?
2. What does Angier initially think Borden is the first time he sees him?
3. At what age does Angier's interest in the art of illusion begin?
4. How does Borden think Angier's main illusion compares to his own?
5. How does Borden feel about Angier's death?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)