|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alfred writes that the more people are fooled, ___________________.
(a) The more they will smile.
(b) The more they want to find out.
(c) The more entertained they are.
(d) The more outraged they may become.
2. What did Kate see in the room she secretly followed her father into?
(a) A large contraption that sparked.
(b) A small oval object covered in a sheet.
(c) A large square object covered in a sheet.
(d) A dead body.
3. During the New Transported Man, what objects does Borden's assistant bring out to him?
(a) Two mirrors & a cabinet.
(b) Two chairs & a cabinet.
(c) Two cabinets & a mirror.
(d) Two brown gauntlets & a cabinet.
4. When Borden remembers Angier the night of his performance that Borden ruined, what was Angier covered in?
5. What physical trait did the Chinese magician fake his entire life, so as not to give his trick away?
(a) A deformed hand.
(b) A slow shuffling gait.
6. What is Julia Fensell and Angier's original relationship?
(a) They begin dating.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They become best friends.
(d) They begin working together.
7. Who is the second woman Angier says he is in love with?
(a) Drusilla MacAvoy.
(b) Lady Katherine Angier.
(c) Julia Fensell.
(d) Olive Westcombe.
8. What is the 'prestige' of a magic trick, according to Borden's journal?
(a) Where the product is revealed to the audience.
(b) The level of difficulty.
(c) When the magician explains the trick to the audience.
(d) Where the magician asks for a volunteer from the audience.
9. Who becomes the narrator in Section 2?
(a) Nikola Testla.
(b) Rupert Angier.
(d) Alfred Borden.
10. What newspaper does Andrew work for?
(a) The Daily Times.
(b) The Daily News.
(c) The Chronicle.
(d) The Daily Planet.
11. How does Angier describe his first appearance on stage?
12. How does Borden feel about Angier's death?
13. What was the only trick of Borden's that Angier did not attack?
(a) In a Flash.
(b) The New Transported Man.
(c) The Disappearing Magician.
(d) The Headless Magician.
14. The Machine used for the New Transporting Man is designed to make the audience a bit __________.
15. What part of his body does Alfred cut badly with a chisel when he is young?
(a) His right foot.
(b) His right hand.
(c) His left hand.
(d) His left foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kate afraid of in her house when she was little?
2. Who fed Kate's fears of something in her house when she was little?
3. At whose home does Borden first see Angier performing?
4. Who narrates Section 6, Part 3?
5. What was Angier doing when Borden first saw him performing?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)