|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people know of Alfred's secret before he took the Pact?
(c) He is not sure.
2. What was Angier's most famous magic trick called?
(a) In a Jiffy.
(b) The Headless Man.
(c) The disappearing Man.
(d) In a Flash.
3. When Borden remembers Angier the night of his performance that Borden ruined, what was Angier covered in?
4. What does the person who contacted Andrew's paper about the church say Andrew's name was when he was a little boy?
5. How does Borden think Angier accomplishes his illusion that is similar to Borden's?
(a) Borden believes Angier uses a double.
(b) Borden believes Angier has the same secret Borden does.
(c) Borden thinks Angier has a secret tunnel dug under the auditorium.
(d) Borden cannot figure it out.
6. When Borden is backstage at Angier's show in Section 5, Part 2, what does he find beneath the stage?
(a) A very large converter.
(b) A loaded gun.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A large class case filled with an unknown substance.
7. What is the 'prestige' of a magic trick, according to Borden's journal?
(a) Where the product is revealed to the audience.
(b) When the magician explains the trick to the audience.
(c) Where the magician asks for a volunteer from the audience.
(d) The level of difficulty.
8. Who is the package from that Andrew receives at the beginning of the book?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
9. Alfred writes that the more people are fooled, ___________________.
(a) The more they will smile.
(b) The more entertained they are.
(c) The more outraged they may become.
(d) The more they want to find out.
10. What was Kate afraid of in her house when she was little?
(a) A large closet.
(b) Her room.
(c) The basement door.
(d) A statue.
11. How can the journal entries in Section 6, Part 3 be described?
(a) Short and emotional.
(b) Long and unemotional.
(c) Long and emotional.
(d) Short and unemotional.
12. How does Andrew interpret the church when he first arrives?
(a) Too colorful.
(b) A safe place.
(c) A forboding place.
(d) Too quiet.
13. What was Angier doing when he died?
(a) Performing his most famous trick.
(b) Driving home from a magic show.
(c) Participating as a volunteer in another magician's show.
(d) Having dinner at home.
14. What did Borden plan to do if he did not figure out Angier's illusion by the deadline he gave himself?
(a) He would send Olive back to spy on Angier.
(b) He would set aside the feud and ask Angier directly.
(c) He would have Angier kidnapped and torturned until he revealed his secret.
(d) He would blackmail Angier into giving him the answer.
15. At the end of Section 2, Alfred states he will not reveal his secret so long as what?
(a) Rupert Angier is still practicing magic.
(b) He can still perform his greatest trick.
(c) Rupert Angier is still alive.
(d) People keep trying to guess the secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Thomas Elborne?
2. At what age did Borden begin performing alone on stage?
3. What country does Angier travel to, resulting in Borden having to send letters about their feud?
4. What did Kate see in the room she secretly followed her father into?
5. Who is the first woman Angier believes he is in love with?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)