|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Section 2, Alfred states he will not reveal his secret so long as what?
(a) People keep trying to guess the secret.
(b) He can still perform his greatest trick.
(c) Rupert Angier is still alive.
(d) Rupert Angier is still practicing magic.
2. How does Borden feel about the object he finds beneath the stage at Angier's show in Section 5, Part 2?
3. What is the priest Andrew is seeking to interview known for?
(c) An outstanding singing voice.
(d) Performing Miracles.
4. What is the first thing Andrew does when he first arrives at the village in Part 1?
(a) Stops for a cup of tea.
(b) Finds a motel room.
(c) Goes directly to the church.
(d) Stops for lunch.
5. What was Angier doing when Borden first saw him performing?
(a) Leading a seance.
(b) Card tricks.
(c) Performing the New Transported Man.
(d) Performing In a Flash.
6. Who was Clive Borden's son?
7. Who entertained Nicholas for hours?
(a) Just Kate.
(b) Kate and her father.
(c) Kate and her sister.
(d) Kate and her mother.
8. Who fed Kate's fears of something in her house when she was little?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
9. How can the journal entries in Section 6, Part 3 be described?
(a) Short and emotional.
(b) Long and emotional.
(c) Short and unemotional.
(d) Long and unemotional.
10. The climax of the Chinese magician's show was producing a(n) _______________ from nowhere.
(a) Live dove.
(b) Bowl of water with goldfish.
(c) Beautiful woman.
(d) Open umbrella.
11. What did Kate see in the room she secretly followed her father into?
(a) A large contraption that sparked.
(b) A large square object covered in a sheet.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A small oval object covered in a sheet.
12. Which room did Kate secretly follow her father into, knowing she wasn't allowed there?
(a) The basement.
(b) Her father's study.
(c) Her father's bedroom.
(d) Her father's workshop.
13. Who was known as Le Professeur de Magie?
(a) Arthur Koenig.
(b) Nikola Tesla.
(c) Alfred Borden.
(d) Rupert Angier.
14. What was Kate afraid of in her house when she was little?
(a) Her room.
(b) A large closet.
(c) The basement door.
(d) A statue.
15. When Borden attended Angier's show in Part 4, Section 2, what did he notice about Angier's face?
(a) He was wincing in pain.
(b) He had a black eye.
(c) It was sallow.
(d) It was bright red.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Angier's father died, who took over his estate?
2. In Angier's most famous trick, what did a volunteer mark him with?
3. What was Angier's most famous magic trick called?
4. Who is the second woman Angier says he is in love with?
5. What part of his body does Alfred cut badly with a chisel when he is young?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)