|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Borden ruined his performance does Angier die?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Seven weeks.
2. What are Angier and Julie doing when Borden first crosses their path?
(a) Performing magic together in a bar.
(b) Performing magic together on stage.
(c) Leading a fake spiritual seance.
(d) Having lunch at a cafe.
3. What allegedly happened to Nicholas?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He changed his name.
(c) He died.
(d) He was kidnapped.
4. Who did the head of the traveling magic show in 1972 write Alfred a letter of introduction to?
(a) Mr. Nevil Maskelyne.
(b) Rupert Angier.
(c) John Henry Anderson.
(d) Ching Ling Foo.
5. How does Borden think Angier's main illusion compares to his own?
(a) Borden thinks Angier's to too similar to his own.
(b) Borden thinks his own illusion is more flashy that Angier's.
(c) Borden thinks Angier's illusion is too easy to figure out.
(d) Borden thinks Angier has bettered the illustion.
6. How did Borden and Angier's feud begin?
(a) Angier tried to expose Borden as a fake.
(b) Borden tried to expose Angier as a fake.
(c) Angier stole money from Borden.
(d) Borden insulted Angier's family.
7. What does Andrew suspect about himself, but has never told anyone?
(a) That he has a twin.
(b) That he is adopted.
(c) That he has a special gift.
(d) That his father had another secret life.
8. Who was Clive Borden's son?
9. What is the 'prestige' of a magic trick, according to Borden's journal?
(a) Where the magician asks for a volunteer from the audience.
(b) The level of difficulty.
(c) When the magician explains the trick to the audience.
(d) Where the product is revealed to the audience.
10. How does Julia Fensell and Angier's relationship change?
(a) They find out they are related.
(b) They get married.
(c) They stop dating, but start working together.
(d) They break up and begin hating each other.
11. Who is the package from that Andrew receives at the beginning of the book?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
12. What does Olive confess to Borden that she originally came to him for?
(a) To get back at him wife.
(b) To steel money.
(c) To spy for Angier.
(d) To steel his tricks for her own magic show.
13. How many people know of Alfred's secret before he took the Pact?
(d) He is not sure.
14. What was Nikolas Tesla's scientific concentration?
(b) Sound waves.
15. How does Borden feel about the object he finds beneath the stage at Angier's show in Section 5, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Borden is backstage at Angier's show in Section 5, Part 2, what does he find beneath the stage?
2. When Andrew finds out that the church did not contact him for the story, who did?
3. How did Borden begin in the magic world?
4. Which room did Kate secretly follow her father into, knowing she wasn't allowed there?
5. What was Angier doing when he died?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)