|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Twelve: Part Four (pages 278-308).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Borden attended Angier's show in Part 4, Section 2, what did he notice about Angier's face?
(a) He had a black eye.
(b) He was wincing in pain.
(c) It was sallow.
(d) It was bright red.
2. After his first performance of the new In A Flash was a flop, what does Angier decide he needs to do?
(a) Add music to the stunt.
(b) Increase the sparks coming from the machine.
(c) Use more volunteers from the audience.
(d) Build up the illusion more.
3. The climax of the Chinese magician's show was producing a(n) _______________ from nowhere.
(a) Bowl of water with goldfish.
(b) Live dove.
(c) Beautiful woman.
(d) Open umbrella.
4. How many years pass in the gap between journal entries in Section 5, Part 2?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 months.
5. By Section 10, Part 4 Angier has two life goals. What is his goal for his professional life?
(a) Become Bordon's partner in Magic.
(b) Ruin Bordon's life.
(c) Make more money than Bordon.
(d) Outperform Bordon's illusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angier vows to perform Borden's illusion even better than Borden within ___________ of his return from America.
2. What Chinese magician did Alfred observe?
3. Whose name does Olivia use when applying to work for Bordon?
4. What was Angier's most famous magic trick called?
5. What is significant about the location Angier is invited to perform for two weeks prior to his American tour?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)