|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: Part 4 (pages 202-225).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the journal entries in Section 6, Part 3 be described?
(a) Long and unemotional.
(b) Long and emotional.
(c) Short and unemotional.
(d) Short and emotional.
2. What physical trait did the Chinese magician fake his entire life, so as not to give his trick away?
(c) A deformed hand.
(d) A slow shuffling gait.
3. Angier vows to perform Borden's illusion even better than Borden within ___________ of his return from America.
(a) One season.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
4. During the New Transported Man, what objects does Borden's assistant bring out to him?
(a) Two brown gauntlets & a cabinet.
(b) Two mirrors & a cabinet.
(c) Two chairs & a cabinet.
(d) Two cabinets & a mirror.
5. What does Angier discover from personal research about Borden prior to Angier's American tour?
(a) Borden has a secret lover.
(b) Borden flunked out of school.
(c) Borden does not have a twin.
(d) Borden has a spy who steels other magician's tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Borden do at Angier's show to wreak havoc?
2. In Angier's most famous trick, what did a volunteer mark him with?
3. Who is the first woman Angier believes he is in love with?
4. How many years pass in the gap between journal entries in Section 5, Part 2?
5. Who did the head of the traveling magic show in 1972 write Alfred a letter of introduction to?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)