|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Milken do for people who had worked with him?
2. Why did Drexel become the target of both an SEC and federal grand jury investigations?
3. Why did Atlantic Capital have to stop selling Wedvick's contracts?
4. How did the investigation appear at first?
5. Who were the people Milken was happy to help in the business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tell something of the anticipation associated with SEC and FBI investigations into Drexel and Milken.
2. Before Revlon, what had been Perelman's biggest success?
3. What were the results of the ongoing investigations of Drexel and Milken?
4. Describe the reason for Wedvick's problems with Atlantic Capital.
5. How did Milken's power in the industry benefit Drexel?
6. What was Ronald Perelman's purpose for acquiring Pantry Pride?
7. How was favoritism shown at Drexel?
8. What evolved after many customers first dealt with Milken?
9. State some of the details about Milken's being investigated for insider trading.
10. Why were other investment firms not as successful as Drexel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper about the shrinking world. In the 1980s, Drexel and Milken were able to do business from opposite sides of the continent by using telephone lines. Show in your paper how much easier it is to do business long distance. Give examples of how this is being done today.
Essay Topic 2
Do some research and write a paper on Michael Milken's philanthropic work since his release from prison. Express if you think he shows a more human side to his personality now.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on racial and religious discrimination. Using Milken's problems in his early years because he was Jewish, express your opinion about how discrimination overlooks individual value by blanket bias against whole groups of people.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)