|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 8, Icahn-TWA: From Greenmailer to Manager-Owner.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Milken and his wife travel to Los Angeles?
(a) by train
(b) by car
(c) by private jet
(d) by bus
2. Why did Milken takeovers work?
(a) because Milken personally supervised the takeovers
(b) because of Milken's name associated with the takeover
(c) because the raiders were backed by pools of capital
(d) because of inside information
3. Who was another player involved in the National Can takeover attempt?
(a) Victor Posner
(b) Gerald Guteman
(c) Oscar Wyatt
(d) Lowell Milken
4. Where did Milken and his wife buy a house?
(a) Santa Monica
(b) Beverley Hills
(d) San Clemente
5. What is RICO?
(a) The Bank of Brazil
(b) Mexican Stock Exchange
(c) Reporting Interest In Company
(d) Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act
Short Answer Questions
1. When he heard on the radio about a change in options to buy stocks, what did Milken do that saved Drexel Burnham Lambert?
2. What was the result of changes in the investment banking industry in the 1970s?
3. What did Milken and Joseph devise to keep business flowing during the recession?
4. What are REITs?
5. Why did Posner back out of the National Can deal?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)