|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 6, The Air Fund.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are two examples of Milken clients who became quite wealthy?
(a) Marty Ingles and Shirley Jones
(b) James Brown and Kevin Bacon
(c) Lawrence Welk and Ray Milland
(d) Fred Carr and Thomas Spiegle
2. What was the address of the new building in L. A.?
(a) Avenue of the Stars in Century City
(b) Sunset and Vine
(c) Rodeo Drive and Wilshire
(d) Hollywood and Vine
3. What are REITs?
(a) really extended investment trials
(b) raw energy investment tables
(c) real estate instruments like mortgages
(d) rare employee investment tallies
4. Who moved to Los Angeles with Milken?
(a) several Wall Street firms
(b) most of his friends
(c) most of his staff
(d) most of his relatives
5. What was the advantage FIFI and other like funds offer?
(a) better availability
(b) a higher yield than Treasury bonds
(c) simplicity of buying
(d) more security than Treasury bonds
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the tax laws changed to minimize the benefits of stripping?
2. What was the Wall Street attitude toward low grade bonds at the time Milken started trading in them?
3. Why was Milken nervous about the large deals?
4. What was the estate they bought?
5. What government regulation made it easier for multiple mergers in the 1980s?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)