|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 6, The Air Fund.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was HITS?
(a) a government investigation agency
(b) Hard Investment Trade Secrets
(c) High Interest Tax Service
(d) a high yield mutual fund that Drexel formed
2. Where did Milken and his wife buy a house?
(a) San Clemente
(c) Santa Monica
(d) Beverley Hills
3. What was Drexel's only real competition by the 1980s?
(a) Barnes and Noble
(b) Lehman Brothers
(c) Merrill Lynch
(d) Morgan Stanley
4. What did Joseph label his brainstorming information about LBOs?
(a) the X-Files
(b) Air Fund or the highly confident letter
(c) the CIA files
(d) the M&A files
5. What was the address of the new building in L. A.?
(a) Avenue of the Stars in Century City
(b) Rodeo Drive and Wilshire
(c) Sunset and Vine
(d) Hollywood and Vine
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a cause of the market crash of 1974?
2. What was Fred Joseph's strategy for hiring employees for Drexel?
3. Why did the new Drexel Burnham company give Milken a $2 million position?
4. Eventually, what did First Federal and Columbia Savings become?
5. By 1983, what was the worth of Drexel's junk bond business?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)