|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 15, Boesky Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sometimes the result of an LBO?
(a) a corporation that is laden with debt
(b) a loss of company assets
(c) a need to acquire other companies to pay for the buyout
(d) a company that has more assets than liabilities
2. What were Milken's results the first year in his new position at Drexel Burnham?
(a) 100% profit
(b) 10% profit
(c) Break even
(d) Fewer clients
3. Before Sigoloff switched to Drexel, who was handling his takeover bid for Wickes?
(a) Salomon Brothers
(b) Merrill Lynch
(c) Lehman Brothers
(d) Morgan Stanley
4. What could happen to Drexel with so much power vested in one man?
(a) possible take over of the company
(b) possible abuse of power
(c) possible loss if anything happened to him
(d) possible collapse of the company
5. What was one thing Lowell Milken did for the company?
(a) find tax shelters for them
(b) keep out unwanted visitors
(c) make the coffee
(d) make political contacts
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Milken so interested in low grade bonds?
2. What company did Wedvick find with a high investment-grade rating?
3. Keeping New York office hours, at what time did they begin work in L. A.?
4. What kind of business did Milken's Belvedere Securities do?
5. In what was Atlantic Capital involved?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)