|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 15, Boesky Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Milken's unit function within the larger firm?
(a) as a front for other Drexel activities
(b) as the firm's banker
(c) as an integrated member of the firm
(d) as a separate firm within Drexel
2. Why did the LTV situation not affect Drexel?
(a) Drexel used its own money to secure the LTV bonds.
(b) Drexel engineered a second buyout of LTV.
(c) The thrifts that collapsed and the defaults that occurred were not among Milken's customers
(d) Drexel pointed out the way LTV misused junk bonds.
3. To troubled businesses, what was Drexel's unregistered exchange offer?
(a) creating additional Chinese paper
(b) lowering their interest rates to businesses
(c) trading under the table
(d) a way of using stocks or bonds to meet the interest obligations
4. Keeping New York office hours, at what time did they begin work in L. A.?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 7:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
5. What did Joseph need to achieve his goal of making Drexel a world-class institution?
(a) to mastermind an M&A for Drexel
(b) to learn the definition of leveraged buyouts
(c) to stop dealing in junk bonds
(d) to get into M&A
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Milken's people say they performed so well?
2. What did Carl Ichan become known as?
3. What was the result of changes in the investment banking industry in the 1970s?
4. For whom did Milken do trading?
5. Why did Drexel have to separate from J. P. Morgan?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)