|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10, 'Drexel is like a God'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result in 1974 when International Nickel Company raided ESB?
(a) Milken denounced the deal
(b) the beginning of many hostile raids
(c) junk bonds became passe
(d) no one was surprised
2. Eventually, what did First Federal and Columbia Savings become?
(a) enormous appendages of Milken
(b) big players in the construction industry
(c) part of the Drexel company
(d) regular commercial banks
3. Why was Milken so interested in low grade bonds?
(a) they were the only ones he really understood
(b) equity offerings were not an option for the Drexel Burnham market
(c) he liked to gamble big time
(d) that was all he could afford
4. What did Joseph need to achieve his goal of making Drexel a world-class institution?
(a) to get into M&A
(b) to learn the definition of leveraged buyouts
(c) to stop dealing in junk bonds
(d) to mastermind an M&A for Drexel
5. What did Carl Ichan become known as?
(a) losing proxy fights
(b) a movie mogul
(c) going bankrupt
(d) a takeover specialist, especially hostile takeovers
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ichan able to do after he got a seat on the board of Tappan?
2. What did the Federal Home Loan Bank Board discover about what Spiegle at Columbia Savings and Loan was doing?
3. When inflation raised the value of assets but not stock prices, what was the result?
4. Who was Dr. Feelgood of Drexel?
5. To troubled businesses, what was Drexel's unregistered exchange offer?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)