1. To whom did Erasmus dedicate The Praise of Folly?
2. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on his journey to England from where?
3. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on what?
4. What first put the idea of The Praise of Folly into Erasmus's head?
His friend's family name.
5. What is the Greek word for "folly"?
6. Erasmus predicts that his book will be criticized as being what?
Frivolous and sarcastic.
7. Erasmus anticipates that critics will clamor that he is reviving what?
Old Comedy or Lucian.
This section contains 3,437 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)