|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Folly accuse of causing the bloom of youthful beauty to fade?
(a) Mature sense.
(b) Old age.
(c) Moral maturity.
2. How does Folly describe the whole life of man?
(a) A stage play.
(b) A novel.
(c) Dust in the wind.
(d) A walk in the park.
3. What must one do to be considered a god, according to Folly?
(a) Be born of a god.
(b) Be immortal.
(c) Have divine powers.
(d) Help mortals.
4. To what does Folly recall the elderly?
(a) Middle Age.
5. Philosophers say that man can compensate for what nature has denied him by what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Prefatory Letter, Erasmus wrote The Praise of Folly on his journey to England from where?
2. According to Folly, what is the seed and source of all deeds which win praise?
3. Orators prepare long speeches to do what Folly does with her what?
4. Erasmus says there is merit in being attacked by whom?
5. Erasmus predicts that his book will be criticized as being what?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)