|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Folly praise?
(b) The king.
2. According to Erasmus, nothing is more entertaining than treating what in such a way as to make it clear you are doing anything but trifling with them?
(a) Serious subjects.
(b) Political leaders.
3. How did Folly begin life?
(c) Smiling sweetly.
(d) Running and jumping.
4. Erasmus marvels that present-day ears can bear to hear only what?
(a) Honorific titles.
(c) Serious prose.
(d) Pedantic poetry.
5. Erasmus says he wants to survey the ridiculous rather than the what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god was given a name that means "foolish" in Greek?
2. Folly believes that medicine and law are an aspect of what?
3. Whom did the ancient sophists praise?
4. Erasmus believes he is not writing sarcasm, but what instead?
5. To what does Folly recall the elderly?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)