|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Folly is in poor repute even amongst whom?
(a) The learned.
(b) The greatest fools.
(d) The noblemen.
2. Erasmus states that his praise of folly has not been altogether what?
3. Through ignorance, thoughtlessness, and forgetfulness, what effect does Folly have on man?
(a) Shame and infamy.
(c) Reluctance to leave life.
(d) Desire to leave earth.
4. What does Folly say would be rampant without her?
5. How did Folly begin life?
(b) Running and jumping.
(d) Smiling sweetly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Folly state is necessary for a woman to agree to wedlock?
2. The people of which age lived happily without science or learning?
3. Whom does Folly praise?
4. Whom does Folly describe as "thrifty, impoverished, miserable, grumpy, harsh and unjust to himself, disagreeable and prematurely white-haired and senile . . ."?
5. Who considers themselves gods on earth if they can use Greek words in their speeches?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)