|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lawrence do instead during those times?
(a) He spends those times and more in devotion.
(b) He eats.
(c) He sleeps.
(d) He goes for a walk.
2. To whom does Brother Lawrence address this letter?
(a) To an older man.
(b) To a younger man.
(c) To a child.
(d) To his son.
3. What does one need to continue to do regarding one's mind?
(a) Guide it.
(b) Heal it.
(c) Open it.
(d) Discipline it.
4. To whom are the contents of number 130 sent?
(a) The recipient of letter seven.
(b) The recipient of letter nine.
(c) The recipient of letter six.
(d) The recipient of letter eight.
5. What does Lawrence finally decide regarding his faith?
(a) A negative outcome lessens his faith in God.
(b) A positive outcome lessens his faith in God.
(c) A positive outcome does not lessen his faith in God.
(d) A negative outcome does not lessen his faith in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this letter, how does Lawrence see God?
2. How does Lawrence begin his life?
3. For how long did Lawrence feel hindered by negative feelings?
4. In closing, what does Lawrence promise to do?
5. Who is the recipient trying to help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lawrence handle sin? What is sin, according to Lawrence?
2. How does Lawrence begin his first letter?
3. What does Lawrence tell the recipient of Letter 8 about new advice?
4. How does Lawrence learn God's plan for him?
5. How does Lawrence personify the soul?
6. How does Lawrence seek God in all he does?
7. How does Letter 6 begin?
8. How old is Lawrence at this point in the book? How old is the to whom he is writing?
9. What does Lawrence tell the recipient of Letter 9?
10. How does Lawrence sense God in his life?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)