|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Lawrence advise the recipient to live?
(c) His family.
(d) His country.
2. What does Lawrence finally decide regarding his love for God?
(a) A negative outcome lessens his love for God.
(b) A negative outcome does not lessen his love for God.
(c) A positive outcome does not lessen his love for God.
(d) A positive outcome lessens his love for God.
3. With what does letter nine begin?
(a) A request by Brother Lawrence.
(b) A supplication from Brother Lawrence.
(c) A convesational tone.
(d) A prayer for the needy.
4. Whose law does Lawrence break?
(a) His country's.
(d) The Church's.
5. In the opening of letter two, whose ideas does Lawrence describe?
(a) Many spiritual advisers.
(b) His own.
(c) The Pope's.
Short Answer Questions
1. He admonishes the man about what?
2. Man can commune with God where?
3. To love God, who must a man first know?
4. To whom does Brother Lawrence address this letter?
5. How old is the person Brother Lawrence addresses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lawrence put more pressure on the man the commune with God?
2. How does Lawrence view himself, which reflects his view that God is his judge?
3. How does Lawrence close the letter?
4. How is Lawrence's Christian path different from many spiritual advisers' descriptions?
5. How does Letter 9 begin?
6. How old is Lawrence at this point in the book? How old is the to whom he is writing?
7. Why does Lawrence have a sense of impending doom?
8. How does Letter 6 begin?
9. How does Letter 2 open?
10. What does Lawrence tell the recipient of Letter 9?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)