|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lawrence begin his first letter?
(a) By imploring the recipient to destroy the contents.
(b) By introducing himself to the recipient.
(c) By praying for the recipient.
(d) By telling the recipient to keep the contents.
2. In closing, what does Lawrence promise to do?
(a) Pray for his suffering.
(b) Send a gift to the man.
(c) Help the man to heaven.
(d) Pray for the man.
3. In the opening of letter two, whose ideas does Lawrence describe?
(b) The Pope's.
(c) His own.
(d) Many spiritual advisers.
4. To whom does Brother Lawrence address this letter?
(a) To his son.
(b) To a younger man.
(c) To a child.
(d) To an older man.
5. How does Lawrence define sin?
(a) As anything contrary to God's plan for his life.
(b) As anything that goes against the Ten Commandments.
(c) As anything that hurts others.
(d) As anything contrary to the desires of the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do these people believe a Christian's life moves?
2. What does Lawrence finally decide regarding his faith?
3. Does any new advice remain under the sun?
4. Should the answer to number 113 be done violently or out of habit?
5. What does Lawrence reject of the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lawrence tell the recipient of Letter 9?
2. What does Lawrence tell this man?
3. How does Lawrence handle sin? What is sin, according to Lawrence?
4. How does Letter 6 begin?
5. When should a man commune with God? Why might he believe this?
6. Why does Lawrence put more pressure on the man the commune with God?
7. What last advice does Lawrence give the man?
8. How does Lawrence see God? How does he see himself, compared to God?
9. How old is Lawrence at this point in the book? How old is the to whom he is writing?
10. What will aid one in having a disciplined mind?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)