|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What needs attention for one's whole life?
(a) The disciplining of one's mind.
(b) The opening of the mind.
(c) Making the mind peaceful.
(d) Understanding the mind.
2. Does any new advice remain under the sun?
(b) Probably not.
(d) Most likely.
3. According to Lawrence, "We may make a chapel out of __________."
(a) Our heart.
(b) the Church.
(c) Our home.
(d) Our friends.
4. To whom does Brother Lawrence address this letter?
(a) To a child.
(b) To a younger man.
(c) To his son.
(d) To an older man.
5. What does this revelation do for Lawrence?
(a) It fills his life with a renewed sense of peace.
(b) It fills him with fear.
(c) It fills his life with complications.
(d) It fills his life with more worries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lawrence finally decide regarding his faith?
2. What vow does Lawrence make?
3. How do these people believe a Christian's life moves?
4. How can one get to know this person?
5. Does Lawrence's Christian life begin the way these people explain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lawrence tell the recipient of Letter 8 about new advice?
2. How does Lawrence seek God in all he does?
3. How does Lawrence see God? How does he see himself, compared to God?
4. How does Letter 2 open?
5. How does Lawrence view himself, which reflects his view that God is his judge?
6. How does Lawrence close the letter?
7. What will aid one in having a disciplined mind?
8. When should a man commune with God? Why might he believe this?
9. Why does Lawrence put more pressure on the man the commune with God?
10. How does Lawrence sense God in his life?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)