|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lawrence learn God's plan for him?
(a) He talks to a priest.
(b) With much prayer and contemplation.
(c) He dreams it.
(d) He sees it in a sign.
2. With what does letter nine begin?
(a) A supplication from Brother Lawrence.
(b) A convesational tone.
(c) A prayer for the needy.
(d) A request by Brother Lawrence.
3. What needs attention for one's whole life?
(a) The opening of the mind.
(b) The disciplining of one's mind.
(c) Understanding the mind.
(d) Making the mind peaceful.
4. How old is Lawrence, according to the author's note?
5. For what does Lawrence encourage the recipient to strive?
(a) The presence of God even in old age.
(b) Joy in all activities.
(c) Christ-like behavior.
(d) Love for all.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did Lawrence feel hindered by negative feelings?
2. When does one need to focus?
3. In this letter, how does Lawrence see God?
4. What does Lawrence say about one's inclination?
5. How does Lawrence describe God as ruler?
Short Essay Questions
1. When should a man commune with God? Why might he believe this?
2. What last advice does Lawrence give the man?
3. How does Letter 9 begin?
4. How can someone really sense the need he or she has for God?
5. How does Lawrence handle sin? What is sin, according to Lawrence?
6. How does Lawrence sense God in his life?
7. How does he use these negative feelings to help him?
8. How does Lawrence learn God's plan for him?
9. What does Lawrence tell the recipient of Letter 8 about new advice?
10. What does Lawrence tell the recipient of Letter 9?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)