|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lawrence finally decide regarding his faith?
(a) A negative outcome does not lessen his faith in God.
(b) A negative outcome lessens his faith in God.
(c) A positive outcome lessens his faith in God.
(d) A positive outcome does not lessen his faith in God.
2. How does Lawrence see God?
(a) As a King.
(b) As a Lawyer.
(c) As a Knight.
(d) As a Doctor.
3. How does this letter close?
(a) With desires to pray for what is done to another.
(b) With a prayer.
(c) With a prayer of intercession.
(d) With a prayer for the recipient's suffering.
4. When does one need to focus?
(a) In church.
(b) Around temptations.
(c) When God is present.
(d) In times of devotion and prayer.
5. Why does Lawrence begin his first letter in this way?
(a) So the recipient knows who he is.
(b) So everyone can get his advice.
(c) So no one else ever reads them.
(d) So the recipient knows he cares about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what did Lawrence feel hindered?
2. Keeping a rein on one's mind all the time helps what?
3. Of what must one be aware regarding God?
4. He admonishes the man about what?
5. What does the person who needs help desire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lawrence sense God in his life?
2. What does Lawrence tell this man?
3. Why does Lawrence put more pressure on the man the commune with God?
4. When should a man commune with God? Why might he believe this?
5. How does Lawrence personify the soul?
6. How does Lawrence handle sin? What is sin, according to Lawrence?
7. How does Letter 2 open?
8. What last advice does Lawrence give the man?
9. How is Lawrence's Christian path different from many spiritual advisers' descriptions?
10. How does Lawrence seek God in all he does?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)