|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he receive during this war?
(c) A medal.
(d) An injury.
2. What must one achieve to understand what Lawrence means by the presence of God?
(a) A book.
(c) A definition for the presence of God.
(d) Many prayers.
3. Who records his own conversations?
(a) Joseph de Beaufort.
(b) Brother Lawrence.
(c) Joseph de Vane.
(d) Nicolas Herman.
4. Shortly after this experience, where does he live?
(a) On a boat.
(b) In a city.
(c) In the wilderness.
(d) In a small village.
5. When did he receive an education?
(a) In his youth.
(b) As an adult.
(c) In old age.
(d) As an elderly man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lawrence recalls his conversion at what age?
2. When are this religious man's works published?
3. What begins one's spiritual journey?
4. Does any action appear small before God?
5. First, he works as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brother Lawrence end up with chronic pain?
2. What does Brother Lawrence do after this first job?
3. What does Beaufort remember about Lawrence?
4. What must one do to realize counsel from God?
5. What does Lawrence have to say about faith?
6. Who is Joseph de Beaufort? When are Lawrence's works published?
7. Why does Lawrence depend upon God?
8. How does Lawrence think of God? How does he show that he feels this way about Him?
9. What does Brother Lawrence do after his conversion experience?
10. When does the first conversation take place? How is Lawrence converted?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)