|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Lawrence enjoy being in the presence of God?
2. What does this man want to achieve?
(b) Personal discipline.
3. Where does this war take place?
(a) The Americas.
4. In what manner did he live in this location after this event?
(a) In the manner of church fathers.
(b) In the manner of a married man.
(c) In the manner of an old man.
(d) In the manner of a crazy man.
5. After entering the presence of God, continually, what happens to Lawrence?
(a) He feels stronger.
(b) He is enlightened.
(c) He is more knowledgeable.
(d) He feels real faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after this experience, where does he live?
2. Lawrence recalls his conversion at what age?
3. Does he suffer during this war?
4. How does he feel about his life here?
5. With whom does he record conversations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must one do the maintain the presence of God?
2. How does Brother Lawrence end up with chronic pain?
3. Who is Joseph de Beaufort? When are Lawrence's works published?
4. When does the first conversation take place? How is Lawrence converted?
5. Where does Brother Lawrence first work?
6. What must one do to realize counsel from God?
7. How does one achieve the presence of God in sanctity?
8. What does Brother Lawrence do after this first job?
9. What does Beaufort remember about Lawrence?
10. What does Lawrence say about misery?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)