|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must one discipline one's thinking at all times?
(a) To be happy.
(b) To prevent the mind from wandering during prayers.
(c) To be Christ-like.
(d) To be more useful to God.
2. How can one realize counsel from God?
(a) One must be enlightened.
(b) One must always pray.
(c) One must talk to a priest.
(d) One must listen closely.
3. Where was he born?
4. How would he describe his life here?
5. Lawrence enters the monastery for what reason?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To become a priest.
(c) To be closer to God.
(d) To achieve better self-discipline.
6. Despite his closeness with God, Lawrence expects future pain. Why?
(a) He knows the devil will find him.
(b) He cannot find joy all the time.
(c) He knows God will want him to suffer.
(d) He sees his own unworthiness.
7. When should one seek God?
(a) At church.
(b) In the morning.
(c) When it is quiet.
8. Where else did he receive an education?
(a) At an orphanage.
(b) At a monastery.
(c) At a convent.
9. Lawrence assures Beaufort that, with practice, what becomes easier?
10. Who records his own conversations?
(a) Brother Lawrence.
(b) Joseph de Beaufort.
(c) Nicolas Herman.
(d) Joseph de Vane.
11. Lawrence describes a period where what overwhelmed him?
(a) His studies.
(b) The other priests.
(c) Fear of damnation.
(d) His work.
12. How does he feel about his life here?
(a) He is annoyed by the slow pace.
(b) He is surprised at how much work it is.
(c) He is worried by the strict schedule.
(d) He is surprised at how much he enjoys it.
13. Once he grasps the love of God, in what does Lawrence find pleasure?
(a) Any task.
(d) Serving his fellow man.
14. Does Lawrence enjoy being in the presence of God?
15. Who is the writer of the letters in this volume?
(a) Joseph de Beaufort.
(b) Brother Lawrence.
(c) Brother Beaufort.
(d) Father Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first conversation occurs on what date?
2. In what year was he born?
3. Where does this war take place?
4. Does any action appear small before God?
5. What does trust in God do for the Almighty?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)