|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. First, he works as what?
(a) A consierge.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A cook.
(d) A priest.
2. For how long does he have this after the war?
(a) For a few months.
(b) For the rest of his life.
(c) For a couple of years.
(d) For a week.
3. Lawrence enters the monastery for what reason?
(a) To make friends.
(b) To become a priest.
(c) To be closer to God.
(d) To achieve better self-discipline.
4. Lawrence describes a period where what overwhelmed him?
(a) Fear of damnation.
(b) His work.
(c) His studies.
(d) The other priests.
5. Lawrence seeks to avoid those things that often distract others, namely what?
(a) Fame and fortune.
(b) Love and marriage.
(c) Greed and lust.
(d) Money and ritual.
6. Beaufort sees Lawrence as the best example of what?
(a) A child of God.
(b) A lifestyle that pays off.
(c) A happy old man.
(d) A friend.
7. Though many men question God's allowance of misery, what does Lawrence remark?
(a) Only because of God's grace, does man enjoy any joy at all.
(b) Man must find happiness in misery.
(c) God cannot stop one's misery.
(d) Only one's sins cause misery.
8. With what does he end up having after the war?
(a) Chronic pain.
(c) A career.
(d) A disease.
9. What does he receive during this war?
(a) A medal.
(d) An injury.
10. In what manner did he live in this location after this event?
(a) In the manner of a married man.
(b) In the manner of a crazy man.
(c) In the manner of an old man.
(d) In the manner of church fathers.
11. Is this the first time they are published?
(a) Most likely not.
12. Lawrence recalls his conversion at what age?
13. Where should one seek God?
(a) At home.
(c) In others.
(d) At church.
14. How does he feel about his life here?
(a) He is surprised at how much he enjoys it.
(b) He is worried by the strict schedule.
(c) He is surprised at how much work it is.
(d) He is annoyed by the slow pace.
15. What provides for man's sanctification, or spiritual cleansing?
(a) God's ability.
(b) One's decisions.
(c) God's grace.
(d) Man's ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. His practice for achieving his daily walk is to do what?
2. In what year was he born?
3. Where else did he receive an education?
4. After entering the presence of God, continually, what happens to Lawrence?
5. What does he do to try to achieve this?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)