|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the writer of the letters in this volume?
(a) Brother Lawrence.
(b) Joseph de Beaufort.
(c) Brother Beaufort.
(d) Father Lawrence.
2. During their second conversation, what does Lawrence say about love?
(a) How love is in everyone.
(b) How pure, unselfish love governs all his actions.
(c) How he loves God as much as he loves himself.
(d) How God loves him more than others.
3. What provides for man's sanctification, or spiritual cleansing?
(a) God's ability.
(b) Man's ability.
(c) God's grace.
(d) One's decisions.
4. How old is Lawrence when Beaufort begins visiting him and recording their conversations?
(a) Early forties.
(b) Early fifties.
(c) Late fifties.
(d) Late forties.
5. Does God always answer Lawrence's prayers and strengthen him?
6. Finally, Lawrence realizes that ____________, not need for redemption, drives his actions.
7. How does Lawrence feel that he enters God's presence?
(a) Through constant conversation with God.
(b) When he talks to the other priests.
(c) When he enters the church.
(d) Through the Lord's Prayer.
8. With whom does he record conversations?
(a) Joseph de Beaufort.
(b) Brother Lawrence.
(c) Brother John.
(d) Joseph de Vane.
9. What is his last name?
10. Where did he receive an education?
(a) At a boarding school.
(b) At home.
(c) At a public school.
(d) At a private school.
11. For how long does he have this after the war?
(a) For a few months.
(b) For a week.
(c) For a couple of years.
(d) For the rest of his life.
12. Does any action appear small before God?
13. Who records his own conversations?
(a) Nicolas Herman.
(b) Joseph de Beaufort.
(c) Joseph de Vane.
(d) Brother Lawrence.
14. Does the term the presence of God receive definition?
15. Though Beaufort notices the rough appearance of the older man, he comments on his what?
(a) Beautiful smile.
(b) Gentle grace.
(c) Wrinkled face.
(d) Quiet voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Lawrence enjoy being in the presence of God?
2. With what does he end up having after the war?
3. In what manner did he live in this location after this event?
4. Shortly after this experience, where does he live?
5. Despite his closeness with God, Lawrence expects future pain. Why?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)