|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conversations, Introduction-Conversation Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is his last name?
2. Lawrence tells Beaufort that they may converse again only if what happens?
(a) Beaufort converts to Catholicism.
(b) Beaufort promises not to publish Lawrence's works.
(c) Beaufort promises to publish Lawrence's work.
(d) Beaufort seeks the wisdom for the purest of reasons.
3. Lawrence enters the monastery for what reason?
(a) To become a priest.
(b) To make friends.
(c) To be closer to God.
(d) To achieve better self-discipline.
4. Where did he receive an education?
(a) At a public school.
(b) At a private school.
(c) At a boarding school.
(d) At home.
5. Where does this war take place?
(b) The Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their second conversation, what does Lawrence say about love?
2. Does the term the presence of God receive definition?
3. Lawrence assures Beaufort that, with practice, what becomes easier?
4. Despite his closeness with God, Lawrence expects future pain. Why?
5. When are this religious man's works published?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)