|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters, 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of prayer life does Lawrence recommend?
(a) One of continual prayer.
(b) One of secret prayer.
(c) One of strong prayer.
(d) One of quiet prayer.
2. What does Lawrence reject of the church?
(a) The routines.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The creeds.
(d) The priesthood.
3. How old is Lawrence when Beaufort begins visiting him and recording their conversations?
(a) Early forties.
(b) Late fifties.
(c) Early fifties.
(d) Late forties.
4. In the opening of letter two, whose ideas does Lawrence describe?
(a) His own.
(c) The Pope's.
(d) Many spiritual advisers.
5. Though many men question God's allowance of misery, what does Lawrence remark?
(a) God cannot stop one's misery.
(b) Only one's sins cause misery.
(c) Man must find happiness in misery.
(d) Only because of God's grace, does man enjoy any joy at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this revelation do for Lawrence?
2. Is this the first time they are published?
3. Does any action appear small before God?
4. What does Lawrence finally decide regarding his love for God?
5. What is his last name?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)