|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Students are required to begin the exercise using what type of poem?
(a) Formal prose.
(b) Free verse.
(c) Loosely structured.
2. Which of these tools is not mentioned in the steps of the little poetry project?
(b) Childhood memory.
(c) Foreign language.
3. Students are encouraged to play with what part of the poem?
(d) Line breaks.
4. Most of the exercises in this section are:
(a) Multiple choice.
(d) Short essays.
5. "The Party of the Century" is what type of exercise?
(a) Two part.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of song is "Shall We Dance?"
2. "The Props Assist the House" introduces which tool?
3. "The Party of the Century" reviews what technique?
4. "Smash Palace" teaches students the importance of which item?
5. What is the topic of "'Que Sera, Sera' and Other False Premises?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the tool used in "In a Dark Room: Photography and Revision" and how they can help students in their work.
2. How is the technique used in "The Party of the Century" valuable as a group exercise?
3. What is Free Verse Lineation? What is the purpose of using it in an exercise?
4. What is the purpose of cutting up magazines in Waldman's exercise "Collaborative Cut up?"
5. Explain the instructions for "Smash Palace" and its purpose.
6. What is the goal in the section titled "Stealing the Goods"?
7. What is an "imitative fallacy?" How is it used in poetry and by whom?
8. What is the purpose of the exercises in "Cut and Shuffle?" What technique is used?
9. What are the techniques employed in "Found in Translation" and "Homophonic Translation?"
10. How important is it for students to choose a simple object for a Definition Poem?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)