|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many poems will result from this group of exercises?
2. Which of the following is not one of the objectives in the exercise?
(b) Reassessment .
3. How many poetry exercises are contained in Part 5?
4. Who wrote "The Fill-in-the-Blanks or Definition Poem?"
5. The author also seeks to create what item in the students?
6. This exercise is compared to which item/object?
(a) Being grounded.
(b) Reform school.
(d) Boot camp.
7. Most of the exercises in this section are:
(a) Short essays.
(d) Multiple choice.
8. What type of song is "Shall We Dance?"
(a) Pas de deux.
(d) Line dance.
9. What is the purpose of "Jump Starting the Dead Poem"?
(a) Critiquing others' work.
(b) Resurrecting a published poem.
(c) Creating new poems from old ones.
(d) Starting over with a new perspective.
10. Complete the name of this chapter: ""Matthewsian Invisible ____."
11. This exercise may require students to use what as an aid?
(b) Fellow student.
(c) Erasable ink.
12. "The Fill-in-the-Blanks or Definition Poem" discusses what common object?
13. "The Props Assist the House" introduces which tool?
(c) Base line.
14. In this section, students will create what item?
15. The technique in this section is compared to what type of puzzle?
(b) Word Search.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is best used to describe the end result?
2. "Smash Palace" teaches students the importance of which item?
3. What are students required to do in "Rhapsodizing Repetitions?"
4. The author refers to this section as being:
5. "Twenty Little Poetry Projects" offers what item to students?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)