|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of "Jump Starting the Dead Poem"?
(a) Creating new poems from old ones.
(b) Starting over with a new perspective.
(c) Resurrecting a published poem.
(d) Critiquing others' work.
2. Students are encouraged to play with what part of the poem?
(c) Line breaks.
3. Who wrote "Opposites: The Attraction of Titles?"
4. "Cut-and-Shuffle" encourages:
(a) Round robins.
(b) Freedom of speech.
(d) Nonsensical words.
5. "Twenty Little Poetry Projects" offers what item to students?
(b) Journal exercises.
(c) Detailed outline.
(d) Step-by-step recipe.
6. Who wrote "Make Your Own System?"
(d) Mac Low.
7. What requires explanation and exploration?
(a) First impressions.
(b) Free verse.
8. What adjective may be used to describe this section?
9. What adjective is best used to describe the end result?
10. "The Fill-in-the-Blanks or Definition Poem" discusses what common object?
11. What will students be required to use when writing this poem?
(b) Specific sequence.
(c) Divided imagery.
(d) Archaic language.
12. "Stealing the Goods" requires students to focus on which item?
13. The author refers to this section as being:
(a) Free form.
14. The technique in this section is compared to what type of puzzle?
(a) Word Search.
15. Who wrote "The Shell Game?"
Short Answer Questions
1. "Smash Palace" teaches students the importance of which item?
2. In doing this exercise, students are asked to write about which topic?
3. What is the purpose of "Index/Table of Contents Exercise?"
4. In this section, students will create what item?
5. Who wrote "Block, Pillar, Slab, and Beam?"
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)