|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many journal entries are to be used for comparison?
2. What are these items called?
3. Who wrote "Your Mother's Kitchen"?
4. The author of this section encourages students to write about what topic?
(b) Self preservation.
5. The author in this section refers to which holiday?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Memorial Day.
6. Maura Stanton write about what topic?
(a) Creating Meaningful Syntax.
(b) The Widow.
(c) Ignoring Visualizations.
(d) Show and Tell.
7. Students are also encouraged to use which object(s)?
(a) Selected topics.
(b) Tabloid headlines.
(c) Descriptions from friends.
(d) Their imagination.
8. How many words should students chant?
9. "Translations: Idea to Image" is an exercise in:
(b) Free association.
10. What is the name of Maxine Kumin's contribution?
(a) "Dream Notes".
(b) "Dream Notebooks".
(c) "Dream Realities".
(d) "Dream Journals".
11. Picturing a particular person in a particular place helps students to:
(a) Explore emotions about that person.
(b) Create a random scenario.
(c) Draw a mental picture.
(d) Recall specific details.
12. Students writing about a journey should end up where?
(a) Anywhere it is cold.
(b) Back in class.
(c) An unknown destination.
13. "The Peasant Wedding" uses art from which famous artist?
14. What example is not used in this section?
(a) Bungee jumping.
15. A strong poem often contains a:
(a) Mix of senses.
(c) Specific format.
(d) Lot of adjectives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long should one chant?
2. Students are required to avoid what item in their work?
3. How many lines must the poem contain as a minimum?
4. Who caught the handkerchief?
5. Stanton encourages what emotion?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)