|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "As/Like/Finish the Sentence" requires students to write:
(b) Upside down.
2. Students are often confused by what word?
3. How many lists are used in the second section?
4. This section encourages students to:
(a) Focus on masks.
(b) Write in free verse.
(c) Forge a poetic voice.
(d) Adopt a persona.
5. An example shows that the ensuing images may be:
(b) Over thought.
6. What example is not used in this section?
(b) Bungee jumping.
7. Which of the following is not included among the required elements in this section?
(a) Something green.
(b) Something dead.
8. "One's-Self, En Masse" begins with a quote by which famous poet?
9. What topic is addressed in "Letter Poems?"
(a) Being in prison.
(b) Childhood fantasies.
(d) Lost love.
10. How many preparatory steps are used in "Five Easy Pieces?"
11. "A Little Night Music: The Narrative Metaphor" uses what as a base?
(a) Personal experience.
(b) Movie plot.
(c) Favorite song.
(d) Character in a book.
12. In which section are journal entries referred to as a source of material?
(a) "Only Connect".
(b) "Material Gathering"
(c) "Subconscious Writing".
(d) "Poetic Journaling"..
13. Dreams offer what kind of poetic source?
14. "What's it about?" discusses what topic?
(a) Subject matter.
15. "Quilting in the Ditch" requires students to study what topic?
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of this chapter is to help students connect with what item?
2. What is the name of the first section?
3. "Translations: Idea to Image" is an exercise in:
4. Who wrote "Dramatic Monologue: Carving the Voice, Carving the Masks?"
5. "Five Easy Pieces" actually has how many steps?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)