|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section, students are encouraged to write about what topic?
(a) Unrequited love.
(b) Personal encounter.
2. Who contributed "Translations: Idea to Image?"
(a) Maxine Kumin.
(b) Ann Lauterbach.
(c) TS Eliot.
(d) Carol Muske.
3. In Maura Stanton's section, which act is recalled?
(d) Horseback Riding.
4. Students writing about a journey should end up where?
(a) Back in class.
(b) Anywhere it is cold.
(c) An unknown destination.
5. Dreams offer what kind of poetic source?
6. How many lines must the poem contain as a minimum?
7. Maura Stanton's character hates what object?
8. Which author wrote "Breaking the Sentence; or, "No Sentences but in Things?"
9. "The Unconscious as Gold Mine" consists of how many exercises?
10. Where did the scene with the handkerchief take place?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) In Mother's Kitchen.
(c) New York.
(d) On a train.
11. An example shows that the ensuing images may be:
(a) Over thought.
12. "One's-Self, En Masse" begins with a quote by which famous poet?
13. Who wrote "Who We Were?"
14. What topic is addressed in "Letter Poems?"
(a) Lost love.
(c) Being in prison.
(d) Childhood fantasies.
15. Students are asked to examine their:
(a) Life's purpose.
(b) Ideas and assumptions.
(c) Mental stability.
(d) Poetic journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is not referenced in "Tabloid Tone Exercise?"
2. The poem in this section should contain how many lines as a minimum?
3. Which author wrote "Five Easy Pieces?"
4. How long do students have to draw their initial image?
5. Students are required to avoid what item in their work?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)