|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This section encourages students to:
(a) Write in free verse.
(b) Forge a poetic voice.
(c) Adopt a persona.
(d) Focus on masks.
2. The author in this section refers to which holiday?
(b) Memorial Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
3. Step three requires students to use what tool?
4. Who wrote "Your Mother's Kitchen"?
5. Students writing about a journey should end up where?
(b) Anywhere it is cold.
(c) Back in class.
(d) An unknown destination.
6. Which item is not in the list of items?
7. "Tabloid Tone Exercise" is designed to show the poets how to express:
8. Which author wrote "Five Easy Pieces?"
9. Who caught the handkerchief?
10. How many exercises are appropriate for group work?
11. Who wrote "A Journey to Nowhere?"
12. An example shows that the ensuing images may be:
(a) Over thought.
13. Some students used figures such as which politician?
(b) Henry Kissinger.
(c) Joe McCarthy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
14. Which character is not referenced in "Tabloid Tone Exercise?"
(a) Alien father.
(b) Bat Boy.
(d) 32 pound baby.
15. What period of art is used in an exercise?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lists are used in the second section?
2. How many journal entries are to be used for comparison?
3. Students are required to avoid what item in their work?
4. In this section, the word "self" may bring an image of what item?
5. Which of the following is not included among the required elements in this section?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)