|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mhoram know that Covenant has returned to the Land in Chapter 11?
2. After leaving Colossus, how far do Covenant and Foamfollower travel before nightfall?
3. What type of horse does Quaan ride?
4. How many people can climb abreast on the stairway inside the Creche?
5. Who provides music at Mhoram's direction to help the people overcome their mental anguish and despair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the sight of Foamfollower and Bannor fill Covenant with horror when he sees them in Chapter 16?
2. What must the Ranyhyn have done to answer Mhoram's call?
3. What is the one last thing that Covenant has to tell Bannor and Foamfollower?
4. What are the creatures that save Foamfollower and Covenant from the mud pit?
5. Why do Satansfist and his army do nothing after Mhoram stops the mental attack?
6. How does Covenant free himself from fear in Chapter 16?
7. How did Mhoram stay warm after Loerya left him?
8. What is special about the robe the healer woman gave Covenant?
9. In Chapter 15, how does Satansfist escalate the battle after dark?
10. Describe Covenant's injury that he obtains while fighting Pietten.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Satansfist brings his army to Revelstone. Discuss Satansfist's battle plan.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether Covenant is a hero or an antihero.
Essay Topic 3
Pietten attempts to kill Covenant. Discuss who Pietten is, why he disturbed mentally, and why he attempts to kill Covenant.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)