|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Satansfist's brother who lost many forces in Garroting Deep?
2. What does a Cord feed a wounded stallion Ranyhyn and his mare?
3. When Covenant is summoned by Triock and Foamfollower, what place does he come to in the Land?
4. What was the name of the Manethrall who had brought word of Fleshharrower's army to Revelstone seven years ago?
5. How long had the Despiser's winter clenched the Land by the time Satansfist arrived at Revelstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Satansfist throws power from the Illearth Stone at Mhoram?
2. What is going to happen to Covenant's property in Chapter 1?
3. What special name do the Ramen call Covenant and why?
4. What is proof to Covenant that the Land is a dream or delusion?
5. Why is it so hard for Triock to give orders for supplies to be gathered for Covenant, Foamfollower, and Lena?
6. Why are the kresh to be feared?
7. How do the Ramen regard the Bloodguard?
8. Why does Covenant call the Department of Defense?
9. What does Satansfist say will happen if the Creator interferes in the battle?
10. What do the creatures look like that are in the army that comes to Mithil Stonedown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pietten attempts to kill Covenant. Discuss who Pietten is, why he disturbed mentally, and why he attempts to kill Covenant.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether Covenant is a hero or an antihero.
Essay Topic 3
When Covenant is summoned to the Land, the author uses symbolism to describe the process as if it were a death and rebirth. Discuss how summoning is like a death and rebirth.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)