|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marina name the cat she heals?
2. What wraps itself around John's hand?
3. Who expresses sorrow about not being there for John?
4. What vision does John have in the interrogation room?
5. What does Ella insist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after a guard returns John to his cell?
2. What does Marina do when she hears footsteps in the church?
3. What happens as John is about to kiss Marina?
4. What happens to Olivia?
5. What does Sam realize about the transmission given to his father by the Loriens?
6. What do Sam and John discuss concerning the Mogs and the U.S.A's government?
7. How do Marina and Ella get out of the church?
8. How does Marina help Hector's family?
9. Where do Sam and John find two chests and what is guarding it?
10. What does Marina do to the tea she prepares for the sisters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think "The Power of Six" is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes this story interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze John. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Six. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Marina. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in "The Power of Six"? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in "The Power of Six" including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from "The Power of Six" and your own live to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)