|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John see in a vision around the neck of the leader of the Mogs?
2. What does John throw far away?
3. What does Marina see when she closes her eyes?
4. What does Marina tell Adelina when Marina runs back to the convent from the cave?
5. What does Marina find when she arrives at her cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John ask Six about concerning a second ship that left Lorien and what was John's vision about the ship?
2. What catches Six's attention of the things John finds in his chest?
3. How many Mogadorians capture Six and Katarina and what happens to them?
4. How does John take the officer's gun away and what does John do with the gun?
5. How is a friendship developing between Marina and Ella?
6. What is one thing Marina does in her cave?
7. What talent of Ella's does Marina notice?
8. What does Marina tell Adelina about a dream Marina has?
9. How does Six escape the prison and the Mogs?
10. How does Marina hide her tracks to the cave and what Legacy is triggered when she first finds the cave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of "The Power of Six", identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements in "The Power of Six". (The subplots may not contain every element of a major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not. Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of growth in The Power of Six . Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with growth? Why? What are some symbols of growth? Symbols of rigidity? What characters seem rigid?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of courage in "The Power of Six". Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters seem to possess courage? Why?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of power. Who has power, who does not? How is power used in "The Power of Six"? How is power abused? Who abuses power in "The Power of Six"? How does Six use her power differently than John?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in "The Power of Six".
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of "The Power of Six". How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of "The Power of Six". How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)