|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marina bring her chest to the ground?
(a) She slides it down the column.
(c) She does not at this point.
(d) She uses a ladder and rigged pulley system.
2. Where is Six going?
(a) To Spain.
(b) To Mexico to help Seven.
(c) To find Seven.
(d) To South America to retrieve her chest.
3. What does Marina do with the branch?
(a) Tries to make something sprout on the branch.
(b) Holds it out the window with her mind.
(c) Tries to divine water.
(d) Tries to waken Adelina.
4. What happens as John is about to kiss Six?
(a) There is an explosion in the house behind them.
(b) Sam walks out.
(c) A man steps out of the shadows and has a gun.
(d) They hear a scream.
5. What does John discover when he gets up because he can't sleep?
(a) There is lightning in the distance.
(b) There are strangers walking around near them.
(c) Six is also awake.
(d) The rain has stopped.
6. What does Ella tell Marina one night when Marina wakes to find Ella standing over her?
(a) That Ella knows why Adelina is not acting like a Cepan.
(b) That Ella's Cepan has been killed.
(c) That Ella has found her Cepan.
(d) That Ella has found Marina's chest.
7. What does Marina begin to believe about Adelina?
(a) That she is going to take on the training of Ella.
(b) That she is going to start acting like a Cepan.
(c) That she is beginning to stop thinking of Lorien as a fairy tale.
(d) That she is going to work with Hector.
8. Why does John take the Lorien solar system and float it in the truck?
(a) To use it as a guide.
(b) To distract the three of them.
(c) To try figure out how to tap its energy system.
(d) To use it as a warning of Mogadarians.
9. What does John know he has to do one morning when he wakes?
(a) Find Marina.
(b) Read Henri's letter.
(c) Let go of his grief about Henri.
(d) Pass one of his legacies to Sam.
10. Why does Sam think they need to go back to Paradise?
(a) To find some things his father left him.
(b) To recover the transmission of his father's.
(c) To attend his mother's funeral.
(d) To protect Sarah.
11. Where is Sam when John runs into the house?
(a) Still asleep.
(b) On the phone.
(c) In the pool.
(d) He cannot find Sam.
12. What does John say about Sarah?
(a) He will never contact her again.
(b) She wants to come with them.
(c) He wants to go get revenge on her.
(d) She likely turned them in.
13. What does Marina do to stop Ella's crying?
(a) Heals her bones.
(b) Holds her and sings.
(c) Splints her leg so it is not int pain.
(d) Causes Ella to go unconscious.
14. What happens when Marina loses her temper with the girls?
(a) She flings them across the room.
(b) She threatens to reveal a secret about the four.
(c) She slaps Gabby.
(d) She pushes them out the door and closes and locks it.
15. Where does Marina think of to hide?
(a) The choir room.
(b) The nave.
(c) The vestibule.
(d) The sacristy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expresses sorrow about not being there for John?
2. What does Sam decide to do?
3. How many chests does John find?
4. Who captures John and Sam?
5. What happens when a Mog fires a cylindrical tube at John?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)