|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Marina waiting?
(a) A message from one of the Chimaera.
(c) For her turn on the computer.
(d) Her brother to appear.
2. What does Ella say she will do?
(a) Convince Adelina that the Mogadorians are real.
(b) Create a distraction.
(c) Protect Marina.
(d) Tell Hector to help Marina.
3. Why does Marina hear Ella scream?
(a) Sister Dora is paddling Ella.
(b) Ella is afraid of spiders and sees a huge one.
(c) Ella is afraid of dogs and one comes running up to her.
(d) A Mogadorian has attacked her.
4. What does the cop think is in the chest on the floor?
(a) He does not see the chest as John magically hides it.
(d) A body.
5. Why does Sister Dora call to Marina?
(a) To tell Marina she has a phone call.
(b) To ask Marina for help with cooking dinner.
(c) To have Marina come to evening prayers.
(d) To ask Marina's help with the younger children.
6. What does Ella begin to mimic?
(a) Sister Dora's facial expressions.
(b) Adelina's expressions of fear.
(c) The Mother Superior's way of talking.
(d) Marina's behavior and mannerisms.
7. What does John throw far away?
(a) A gun.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A radio.
(d) The taser.
8. When does Marina want to return to her cave?
(a) When Adelina agrees to leave the convent.
(b) After El Festin is complete.
(c) After finding John.
(d) When she turns twenty-one.
9. What does Marina see when she closes her eyes?
(a) A vision of John in pain.
(b) A vision of Adelina dead.
(c) A girl with raven hair dressed in black.
(d) A Mogadarian.
10. What is the first legacy that appears for Six?
(a) The ability to be invisible.
(b) The ability to see for miles if the view is unobstructed.
(c) The ability to fly for short distances.
(d) The ability to squeeze through tiny cracks.
11. Where does Six want to go?
(c) West Virginia.
(d) New York.
12. What pulses when Six touches it?
(a) A necklace around Sam's neck.
(b) A bracelet in John's chest.
(c) A silver ball by the lake.
(d) A rock in John's chest.
13. What will happen if the cop pulling them over radios in the stop?
(a) Nine may learn where they are.
(b) They will have to tie up the cop and run.
(c) The Mogs will hear.
(d) Reinforcements might arrive and they will be apprehended.
14. What choice will Marina have to make when she turns eighteen?
(a) To return to her own planet and stay on earth.
(b) To commit to a life in the church or leave the home.
(c) To go to try and find her brother.
(d) To commit to a life in the church or stay and help in the orphanage as a lay person.
15. How long will it be before a helicopter joins the search?
(a) Several hours.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) The local law enforcement helicopter is down for repairs.
(d) At most an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose(s) does the blanket Marina has with her on her trek serve?
2. Who does John believe is headed for Earth?
3. What does Sam think he looks like when Marina is done using the clippers on him?
4. How many orphans reside where Marina lives?
5. What are John and Henri labeled?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)