|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the yellow stone come?
(a) The sun.
(d) Somewhere in the Badlands.
2. What choice will Marina have to make when she turns eighteen?
(a) To return to her own planet and stay on earth.
(b) To go to try and find her brother.
(c) To commit to a life in the church or leave the home.
(d) To commit to a life in the church or stay and help in the orphanage as a lay person.
3. Where is Marina's cave?
(a) So far away that she can only go there by bus and then taxi.
(b) An easy ten-minute walk away.
(c) Two hills away.
(d) About six miles from the convent.
4. What does John do as the officer is bringing his gun up?
(a) Yells at Sam to run.
(b) Pushes the officer to the ground.
(c) Takes the gun and bullets away.
(d) Puts up a shield.
5. Why does Six use clippers on the others?
(a) To get rid of lice from where they where staying.
(b) To avoid having to go to a hair salon.
(c) As a joke.
(d) To help avoid recognition.
6. What is Marina's second legacy?
(a) The ability to breathe under water.
(b) The ability to communicate with many types of animals.
(c) The ability to read intention.
(d) The ability to tell truth from lies.
7. What does BK morph into when he lands?
(a) A stone.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
8. Where does Six want to go?
(c) West Virginia.
(d) New York.
9. What do they do in Tennessee?
(a) Hop a freight train.
(b) Steal a jeep.
(c) Steal a Cessna.
(d) Sam rents a car.
10. Where is John when he wakes?
(a) An old barn near Lake Michael.
(b) An abandoned house near Lake George.
(c) An abandoned shaft mine near the North shore of Lake George.
(d) An old quarry near Lake Michael.
11. Why does Sister Dora call to Marina?
(a) To ask Marina's help with the younger children.
(b) To ask Marina for help with cooking dinner.
(c) To have Marina come to evening prayers.
(d) To tell Marina she has a phone call.
12. For what is Marina waiting?
(a) A message from one of the Chimaera.
(b) For her turn on the computer.
(d) Her brother to appear.
13. What does Marina find when she arrives at her cave?
(a) Nothing unusual.
(b) A note from John.
(c) A set of footprints leading inside the cave.
(d) A warning from Adelina.
14. What does Six use her ability on the river to do?
(a) Create a dry path.
(b) Overflow its banks and flood the entire area.
(c) Become like stone so they can walk across the river.
(d) Create a layer of air to walk on across the river.
15. Why does Marina hear Ella scream?
(a) A Mogadorian has attacked her.
(b) Ella is afraid of spiders and sees a huge one.
(c) Sister Dora is paddling Ella.
(d) Ella is afraid of dogs and one comes running up to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Marina turn eighteen?
2. What was John's vision concerning when he is awoken?
3. Why does Marina think a man she encounters while looking for Hector is a Mogadorian?
4. What statue is in the background of the landscape she painted?
5. Who does John believe is headed for Earth?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)