Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the knight that was linked in a myth with SIr Gawain?
2. Which type of societies and cultures identified with the Goddess?
3. When, approximately, did the suppression of the Goddess religions come about?
4. Campbell indicates the troubadours and their ideas about love were associated with which movement?
5. To what country's myth does Campbell compare the clown figure?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Campbell utilizes his own personal experience throughout the novel as a positive example of the myths he relates. Do you believe this is a good strategy for this type of text? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how myths and legends are necessary in modern society. Are they taught enough? In what ways are they currently used in schools?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the three major religions have similar myths and legends. Do you believe this is a coincidence? Why do you believe this is the case?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)