Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the knight that was linked in a myth with SIr Gawain?
2. Which type of societies and cultures identified with the Goddess?
3. When, approximately, did the suppression of the Goddess religions come about?
4. Campbell indicates the troubadours and their ideas about love were associated with which movement?
5. To what country's myth does Campbell compare the clown figure?
Essay Topic 1
Why does it seem natural that the Goddess religions were very close to the fertile river areas? What areas of the world would this type of belief continue? Does Campbell's reasoning seem sound? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the form of the hero quest. Does it have to include both spiritual and physical deeds? Is it the same in every mythology?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe the oral tradition for passing down myths and legends was replaced with the written tradition? Which do you think is the better method? Why?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)