|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Campbell and Moyers identify the development of the cult of the individual as being important at the _____________________________________.
2. Of what kind of myths and legends does Campbell provide specific examples?
3. The subject of Chapter 5 is in which of the following forms?
4. What is the dominant theme of the Mediterranean region's religious history?
5. How does Campbell indicate that role models for society are created?
Essay Topic 1
How does the concept of romantic love persist this day in Western culture? Does it persist in the same manner as the troubadours suggested? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think myths adapt and change from society? Do you think that continues in modern time? Is it possible to have a consistent myth across societies? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Campbell means by a global mythology? Is global the correct term? What are your ideas of replacing global with galactic?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)