|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a powerful symbol that appears in all religions and cultures?
2. How is the sunrise depicted by the Goddess Nut in Egypt?
3. Who has never uttered a word of recrimination or complaint toward their persecutors in the Chinese government?
4. The philosophy of love is grafted onto the underlying saga of whose resistance to the Anglo Saxon invasion of Britian?
5. To what does Campbell attempt to equate the beginning of the Reformation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Hollywood perpetuate myths and legends? Do you believe this is necessary? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Campbell utilizes his own personal experience throughout the novel as a positive example of the myths he relates. Do you believe this is a good strategy for this type of text? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why does it seem natural that the Goddess religions were very close to the fertile river areas? What areas of the world would this type of belief continue? Does Campbell's reasoning seem sound? Why or why not?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)