|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Church of the Middle Ages indicate that marriages are not?
2. What does Campbell indicate will emerge to replace the old traditional mythologies?
3. How does Campbell indicate that role models for society are created?
4. Which of the following can be said that occurs in the stories of Jesus Christ, Buddha and Moses?
5. What is the name of Campbell's previously published book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Campbell's characterization of Martin Luther. Do you agree with his characterization of Martin Luther? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the three major religions have similar myths and legends. Do you believe this is a coincidence? Why do you believe this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
Describe ways in which techniques and practices are used to communicate with God. Are these techniques universal? Why might they differ? Why might some be the same?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)